Finding a member's profile via memberlist

Hello, Slava

I think we have covered this ground before!?

As the number of the members is increasing day by day, reading (finding) any member’s profile is getting more and more unwieldy. Yesterday, it just flitted through my mind that there was a senior member from Ireland (Donald??), and his answers were worth reading. Then suddenly he disappeared. I wanted to read his profile but it was very heavy work to do. If Alan or MM post any answer, their names or pictures on the left side of the thread can be ‘clicked’ by the mouse–and one can go to their profile(s). Then why not everybody’s? For example, if Jamie or Amy answer any question, why can’t we click on their names and go to their profiles?

Tom

Hi Tom,

You can read the profile of any forum member by clicking on the “profile” link beneath every post. As for finding forum members, if you remember the person’s forum name, you can easily find them on the Memberlist which provides various search options (“Select sort method”).

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A young woman at the library[YSaerTTEW443543]

Many thanks, Torsten

But it’s still unwieldy, I would say. What about this suggestion-cum-question?

Tom

Slava has added links to the pictures of some of the moderators of our forum. Please note that those links are connected to our pictures, not our names. Since Amy or Jamie have not added any pictures, you can’t click on them. Also, the links that are behind our photos don’t lead to our forum profiles, they lead to profile pages we have created in addition to the forum. Consequently, we can only add a link to a forum member’s picture if they have a picture as well as an additional page that opens upon clicking on the picture.

Hope this makes sense.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Waterfall[YSaerTTEW443543]

Many thanks, Torsten

So, is it possible to add links to every member’s name on the left side of the thread–the link that opens the person’s profile? Imagine how easy it would be to check any member’s profile! Personally, I often like to go to the feature "All posts by MM/ Alan/ Amy" etc, and which is not possible without opening the person’s profile. I think if there can be a link to a picture, there can also be a link to a name.

Do you think I am thinking straight?

Tom

As you may remember, my picture was posted for quite a long while. It seems, however, that some pictures are more equal than others around here, so I removed my picture. There seemed no honest need or desire for it. :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tom

Hi Tom,

So what you are suggesting is to replace the profile link which appears at the bottom of every message box with the member’s name? I’ll talk to Slava about that as soon as he is back online.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A happy family at the beach[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi, Torsten

Did you think about my suggestion? Please do!

Tom

Hi Tom,

If you want to open the profile of a forum member, you can do so by clicking on the appropriate icon which appears at the bottom of every message box. Replacing that link with the member’s name wouldn’t change the profile itself, would it? I mean changing the position of a link doesn’t add any information to the profile itself so we’ll probably stick to the current format.

Hope this is OK for you.
Thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Kids running barefoot[YSaerTTEW443543]