Fiction vs non-fiction books

Could have a look to this independent writing?

I prefer to read fiction books than non-fiction ones because make-up stories entertain me for long hours, they are enjoyable and inspiring whereas real ones makes me feel bored in seconds.
I love reading fiction books. I just remember the first book I read ages ago. It was about a princess who loves a prince that has been converted into frog by a horrible witch. Finally the princess gives a warm kiss to the frog that turns into a handsome prince. Nowadays, I still remember how I enjoyed this story. I used to imagine the wonderful princess´ castle and dresses, the wicked witch with a big and hairy nose and the good prince with a cute smile. This sort of books makeso me dream and forget every problem I have in my everyday life during the reading. Now I usually choose mystery novels such as “Da Vinci code” or “Angels and Evils”. I usually hooked on them spending the whole evening reading and dreaming. I am not able to think about other means of learning vocabulary and expressions. It is absolutely better that the grammar courses at high school.
In contrast to this, non-fiction novels make me fall asleep. This does not mean that I am not interested in history or in memorable people but I prefer, from time to time, to watch a film or the news to hear about them rather than to read them.
All in all, I enjoy the most the fiction novels that isolate me from the real world and let me dream and travel to make-up distant places than the non-fiction ones that, from my point of view, are exhausting to read.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university instructors

Could have a look to this independent writing?

I prefer to read fiction books RATHER than non-fiction ones(,) because MADE-up stories entertain me for long hours LONGER, they are enjoyable and inspiring(,) whereas real ones makes me feel bored in seconds.
I love reading fiction books. I just remember the first book I read ages ago. It was about a princess who loves a prince WHO has been converted into A frog by a horrible witch. Finally the princess gives a warm kiss to the frog WHO turns into a handsome prince. Nowadays, I still remember how I enjoyed this story. I used to imagine the wonderful princessES´ castle and dresses, the wicked witch with a big and hairy nose(,) and the good prince with a cute smile. This sort of books makes me dream and forget every problem I have in my everyday life during the reading.
Now I usually choose mystery novels such as “Da Vinci code” or “Angels and Evils”. I am usually hooked on them(,) spending the whole evening reading and dreaming. I am not able to think about other means of learning vocabulary and expressions. It is absolutely better that the grammar courses at high school.
In contrast to this, non-fiction novels make me fall asleep. This does not mean that I am not interested in history(,) or in memorable people(,) but I prefer from time to time to watch a film or the news(,) to hear about them rather than to read them.
All in all, I enjoy the most the fiction novels that isolate me from the real world(,) and let me dream and travel to make-up distant places(,) RATHER than the non-fiction ones that, from my point of view, are exhausting to read.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You already know your weakness. Little point me repeating my comments.

The essay was OK.

Kitos. 7.5/10