Feedback on audio recording (5 Progressive Forms)

Hi,

How do you like the audio version of 5 Progressive Forms - going, going, gone?

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Contract revisions[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hai Torsten,

It is very interesting, and informative. Helps a lot to improve the listening and understanding ability. place more of such recordings please.

Harikumar

Hi dear trainers!
Some lessons have a link in the bottom to a proper test but not the all. Sometimes it’s not so easy to compare a lesson with a test. Maybe I just don’t know where to search, could you suggest something?

Hi Torsten,

I have a doubt,can you please clear that, In the following sentences where we have to use “are” and “were”.

1.They ]are [/i]going to spend the holiday again in Majorca
2.They were going to spend the holiday again in Majorca.

Hi Sribabu,
I’m not Torsten, but I am going to make an attempt to clear your issue.

1. We use ‘are going to’ to make a future sense in the present. For example, I’m going to finish my explanation to you.
  2. We use ‘was/were going to’ to make a future sense in the past. For example, I was going to explain you about ‘are/were’ a minute ago.

Hope it was helpful for you.
Best regards, Roman

Hi, Torsten

“Andrew just couldn’t handle it”
Does the sentence mean that he just couldn’t believe it?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the lesson its very awesome i love and its helpful .

Thanks! Exellent content! I took great pleasure in reading it.

In six months’ time I shall be sitting on a sunny beach somewhere and I shall be reading my favorite book.» my question is can i use will instead of shall plzzz tel me diff bet shall & will

Hi Acar,

‘Shall’ and ‘will’ are often interchangeable, and you can use ‘will’ in your sentence without any change of meaning.

Hi Beeesnees,

In this story I found the expression “she half expected”, what does it means?

The sentences is:

As Daisy was casually opening the envelope she half expected to have won a set of hairbrushes or a bottle of champagne.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards.

Hi Geo777,

I think this explanation can help you with your question (I found it in www.oxfordadvancedlearnersdictuinary.com).

I’ve got to go. I can’t handle it any more (= deal with a difficult situation).

Cheers.

She expected to find… would indicate that she regarded it as very likely to happen

She half-expected to find… indicates that she regarded it as a possibility and would not be completely surprised, but it is less probable than the above expression.

You can use shall or will. There’s very little difference. They both emphasise the intention to carry out this action.

It is very interesting

hiiiiiiii torsten

why u did not take some test in this section?
if is it possible plz take some test for practice

Right, practice make perfect. It has been long I visited the forum hence finding it difficult identify right platform for my inquire. Please, help me out, I don’t know how to start on Voice recording.

Akinboade

The steps you need to take to record your voice can be found here.

If you have problems after trying that, you will find instructions and troubleshooting steps here:
Recording voice messages on the forum.
This is a long post, but you need to work through things one step at a time, checking whether your problem has been solved at the end of each step.

Hi Toresten, this topic was interesting. i got it partly. if you post like this topic, it will be usefull. herewith i want to know, how can i download your “english test pakage”? when i click on its link, it just open its table of contents. if you guid me, i will me more thankfull.

Hi Toresten, this topic was interesting. i got it partly. if you post like this topic, it will be useful. herewith i want to know, how can i download your “english test pakage”? when i click on its link, it just open its table of contents. if you guid me, i will me more thankful.