fast food restaurants are beneficial to society?

Good morning Mr. Kitos
How are you today?
If you have time, please help me rate this essay.
Thank you so much.

Topics: Nowadays, with the invention of the microwave and with the popularity of fast food restaurants, food has become easier to prepare than ever. Do you think microwave ovens and fast food restaurants are beneficial to society? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Have you ever eaten a hamburger? I know that it is very delicious but if we eat too much this kind of fastfood, it will lead to a lot of bad impacts to our health such as fatness, cancer. Furthermore, we will not know anything about cooking if we depend on fastfood so much.

Firstly, fastfood is not good for our health. According to UNDP, obesity rate in US increases sharply in recent years. The reason is that people eat too much fastfood such as hamburger, KFC, coke because they are too busy and then having no time to prepare their own meals. They do not know that there is a lot of cholesterol in fastfood which is a main cause for obesity. In addition, obese people are easily attacked by heart problems such as heart attack which can lead to the immediately death. Furthermore, not only fastfood is harmful to our health, microwave ovens, one of human’s big inventions, are also proved by scientist that it is probably a reason for cancer.

Secondly, fastfood makes people lazy. In fact, it is easier and more convenient for us to buy a KFC combo than preparing a meal. However, it also means that we will not know how to cook, how to make a hot, delicious and nutritious meal for our beloved family and friends. For example, my friend, John, has to divorce because his wife cooks terribly and he has to buy dinner day by day. In contrast, my other friend, Jenny, keeps the warmth for her family by various tasty dishes she cooks. Furthermore, her meal is very nutritious within little fatness.

All in all, I totally agree that fastfood and microwave ovens bring nothing to society except problems and disturbance. If we want to be healthy, please learn how to cook and stay away from fastfood.

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of USA Today does the professor mainly discuss?