Evolution has failed us badly

Thousands of years of evolution of human morality, and we are at a place when a country can bomb maternity hospitals and be punished by losing McDonald’s and Ikea. It seems that evolution has completely failed the species Homo sapiens.

mariupol_hosptial

2 Likes

Despite the horror, the wanton murder of innocent people and the mindless destruction of property, there is something that shines above it all. And that is the humanity of the people in Ukraine. We see this every day on TV. What an example these people show to us - an indomitable spirit that still believes in the hope that life will become good again. As the English translation gives us at the end of the President’s speeches - Glory to Ukraine!

3 Likes

You seems always see the positive side - Sometimes I did selectively. However, evolution is not shaping anything, evolutions is part of the process which created this — whatever you call it. We can not define it in an objective way, but based on our belief or perception only we define it.

1 Like

I do not think evolution shapes human being animals’ behavior for this kind of situations.
As per Hindu Mithology called as Bhagavadgita (this might have happened or this could just be a fiction), even before 6000 years ago, there were numerous Strict Rules for a War:

1. Should not fight with other warriors who do not have any arms (arrows sword etc).
  2. Should not kill women or children or old people etc.
1 Like

You’re probably right about those rules, but most people learnt, as time passed by, not to use our ‘repitle’ brain. Obviously, dear Vladimir did not. He is a reptile. I can understand that prehistoric people’s brains were not as well developed as ours, but Putin should know better. That’s why I like people who look on the bright side. Alan looks on the bright side because he has seen that solidarity does exist. You talk about the human race that lived here 6000 years ago. May I ask which people you are referring to? Anyway, a lot has changed since then, you know. But evolution has failed us badly, indeed, we should know better. However, I’m happy to say that this week, Belgium welcomed a lot of Ukranian refugees, who’ve been have given shelter, food, clothes and toys for the children. A lot of them were very happy, but, understandably so, there were also some, perhaps a lot, who were crying, because they’d had to leave their homes and loved ones, who wanted to stay in Ukraine and fight the enemy.
I too say Glory to Ukraine and may God help you.

1 Like

Absolutely terrible for those who live there.

1 Like