Essay topic: Many families have important traditions that family members share.

Many families have important traditions that family members share. What is one of your family’s important traditions? Use specific reasons and details to support your response.

People from all over the world have their own traditions and customs. Some of them are related to celebrating important events in country’s history, and others are associated with family’s customs. I have a favorite tradition in my family, which originates from the middle of last centure. We come together in the new year celebrating and make presents to each other. I like our tradition due to few reasons.

First of all, it is a great opportunity to gather all family members together. We have relatives across the country and we need a great effort to meet. Our grandmother had seven children, three girls and four boys. Some of them are living in Saint-Petersburg, others are living in the south, near the Black Sea. When we come together, we can know latest news about ourselves and share our feelings and thought.

As we meet in wonderful sity of Saint-Petersburg, we can attend local attractions and walk in magnificent parks of suburbs.

The last reason why I like this tradition is that we make present to each other. We have decided that everyone should make a present to only one person. You can ask me, how do you choose a person to make a present? It is quite easy. We have a ‘‘family lottery’’. The year before next meeting we write our names on little lists of paper and put them into a hat. Thereafter each in turn reaches his hand into the hat and pulls out the name of the person to whom he will make a gift.

In conclusion I would say that every family have their own traditions. And I enjoy this custom of our family because it allows us to come together and make wonderful presents to each other.

I will be grateful for the evaluation of my story.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a dorm mother and a resident

Many families have important traditions that family members share. What is one of your family’s important traditions? Use specific reasons and details to support your response.

People from all over the world have their own traditions and customs. Some of them are related to celebrating important events in THAT country’s history, and others are associated with family’s customs. I have a favorite tradition in my family, which originates from the middle of THE last centurY. We come together in the New Year(,) celebrating and GIVING presents to each other. I like our tradition due to few reasons.

First of all, it is a great opportunity to gather all family members together. We have relatives across the country(,) and we ALL need TO MAKE a great effort to meet. Our grandmother had seven children, three girls and four boys. Some of them are living in Saint-Petersburg, others are living in the south, near the Black Sea. When we come together, we can LEARN THE latest news about EACH OTHER and share our feelings and thoughtS.

As w We meet in THE wonderful City of Saint-Petersburg(.) THERE we can attend local attractions and walk in magnificent parks of suburbs.

The last reason why I like this tradition(,) is that we make present to each other. We have decided that everyone should make a present to only one person. You can ask me, how do you choose WHICH person to GIVE a present? It is quite easy. We have a ‘‘family lottery’’. The year before OUR next meeting we write our names on little lists of paper and put them into a hat. Thereafter each in turn reaches his hand into the hat and pulls out the name of the person to whom he will make a gift.

In conclusion I would say that every family HAS their own traditions. And
I enjoy this custom of our family(,) because it allows us to come together and TO GIVE wonderful presents to each other.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Viktor. This was a cheerful essay. A little short of examples, but interesting just the same. Thank you.

Kitos. 8/10

Thanks a lot, Kitos. I’ll try to do it better next time.

jst i want to improve my gramatical words.

how can i improove my english .

Hi Jpg,
You are highly welcome to this great English learning forum.

How to improve your English vocabulary or (grammatical words as you put it), practice the below ways:

One of the best ways to improve your vocabulary is to read more. Reading is clearly linked with a larger vocabulary, especially if you seek out books in unfamiliar genres or about unfamiliar topics.

Another way to improve your vocabulary is to play word games. For example, games like Scrabble and Boggle.

Another way of improving your vocabulary is to do word puzzles. Most newspapers include crosswords, simple cryptology puzzles, and jumbles which get progressively harder throughout the week.

A simple way to improve your vocabulary is to use the dictionary. Create flash cards of unfamiliar words and practice them in the train, on the bus, or when you wake up in the morning.
english-test.net/forum/ftopi … lary_tests

Hope this helps?