Essay topic 111: Spending time with one or two close friends or with many friends

Here is my essay. Please check it for me. Thank you.

Essay topic 111: Some people prefer to spend time with one or two friends. Others choose to spend time with a large number of friends. Compare the advantages of each choice. Which of the two ways of spending time do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.

Spending time with one or two close friends or with many friends, both have advantages. However, I prefer it if I could gather with my close friend. To my way of thinking, my close friend gives me more reliability, deep understanding and sympathy for each other.

As many people think, the more friends you have the more fun you receive. Each person has their own way of comforting others such as telling jokes, chatting and the variety of friends gives you more chances to know more about others and enjoy their sense of humor. They also get a lot of information everyday from newspapers, T.V, the Internet and share it with you. Moreover, it makes you feel protected while there are always many people around you to support and encourage you.

However, I’d still rather to be with one or two close friends of mine, partly because I’m a quiet person. Maybe it is less fun when compared with having a lot of friends but it is truly fun because your friends and you understand each other very much that you can share everything from happiness to sadness. The bad things will go away when they are sent and good things will come to you. For example, you have lost one of the favorite books, it’s very valuable to you but not everyone can understand this, they just give their regret to you and suggest you to buy another book or look for it again more carefully. In contrast, your truly friend will help you to find it which at least make you feel less sad and disappointed when you cannot find your book. In addition, a close friend is much more trustworthy than others; your secret can be safer with her. You can put your trust on her.

All things considered, both spending time with one or two friends or with many friends have their advantages. The more friends you have the more fun you receive but if you are with your close friends, you have more trust. The decision is dependent on you. With me, it is better to be with my close friend.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention Cygnus X-1?

Spending time with one or two close friends or with many friends,
Both have advantages. However, I prefer it if I could gather BE with my close friend. To my way of thinking, my close friend gives me more reliability, deep understanding and sympathy for each other.

As many people think, the more friends you have the more fun you receive. Each person has their own way of comforting others such as telling jokes, chatting and the variety of friends gives you more chances to know more about others and enjoy their sense of humor. They also get a lot of information everyday from newspapers, T.V, the Internet and share it with you. Moreover, it makes you feel protected while BECAUSE there are always many people around you to support and encourage you.

However, I’d still rather to be with one or two close friends of mine, partly because I’m a quiet person. Maybe it is less fun when compared TO having a lot of friends, but it is truly fun because your friends and you understand each other very much, and you can share everything from happiness to sadness.
The bad things will go away when they are sent and good things will come to you. For example, you have lost one of the favorite books, it’s very valuable to you, but not everyone can understand this, they just give their regret to you and suggest you to buy another book, or look for it again more carefully.
In contrast, your truE friend will help you to find it, which at least makes you feel less sad and disappointed when you cannot find your book. In addition, a close friend is much more trustworthy than others; your secret can be safer with her. You can put your trust iIN her.

All things considered, both spending time with one or two friends or with many friends have their advantages. The more friends you have the more fun you receive, but if you are with your close friends, you have more trust. The decision is dependent on you. With me, it is better to be with my close friend.

This was rather boring and nonsensical, but it was passable.

Kitos. 7/10

Thanks for your comments. It’ll be better if I rewrite this essay later. I’m afraid it will take a little time for me to do some more reading to find more ideas for this topic and make my essay more informative. Could you please check it for me again?

Of course I can.

Kitos.

Hi, Kitos. I’ve rewritten my essay. Here it is

You have many choices in how to spend time, two of which are spending time with 1 or 2 close friends and spending time with a lot of friends; I choose the first choice. It is because I feel more open to my intimate friends, I find reliability, trust and fun when I’m with them.

If you gather with a large number of friends, you may have more fun, more interesting stories to tell and listen, more information and it makes you more active in life; however, I still prefer to be with my best friends. Wherever I am with my close friends, I can tell them everything without worrying about my secret being divulged. We respect each other’s opinion and are always sympathetic in listening to other’s sadness, problems. My friend, she never gives any criticism about my talkativeness although sometimes it is so annoying. I feel very grateful to have a friend like her.

In addition, my close friends always give me reliability and confidence in life. She discourages me from bad habits such as getting and staying up late, never doing physical exercise in the morning. She never minds whether it can be offensive because she think her advice can do good things to me. Her honesty makes her more trustworthy because truth is important in a true friendship. Moreover, we can share our knowledge and experiences and discuss some issues which both care. We create our friendship with trust and respect for the other’s space of privacy.

Finally, it is funnier to be with your close friends. Though it is just a small part when considering the whole things which make us closer, it is still very important. We have the same interests, hobbies so it is easier to find a way to relax. Just a walk in a park, going to the cinema can bring enjoyment to us. Even we often make the other laugh by our own silly but lovely mistakes.

Having a large number of friends can be more exciting because you can go to more places, receive more information but we need time to build a true friendship and we cannot take enough care to others if there are two many. Therefore, I prefer it if I could be with my close friends.

P/s: Sometimes I use the word ‘my best friend’ , ‘my intimate friend’ instead of ‘my close friend’ to avoid repetition, it is alright, I don’t know whether they have exactly the same meaning. I want to add more things to make a comparison between spending time with 1 or 2 close friends and spending time with many friends but it seems that it will make my essay too long. I think my essay appears to lack some information on this aspects, it is alright for a Toefl essay

Spending time with one or two close friends or with many friends, both have advantages. However, I prefer TO SPEND TIME with my close friend. To my way of thinking, my close friend gives me more DEPENDENCE, deepER understanding and sympathy.

As many people think, the more friends you have the more fun you receive. Each person has their own way of comforting others such as telling jokes, chatting and A variety of friends gives you more chances to know more about others and enjoy their sense of humor.
They also get a lot of information everyday from newspapers, T.V, the Internet and share it with you. Moreover, it makes you feel protected while there are always many people around you to support and encourage you.

However, I’d still rather to be with one or two close friends of mine, partly because I’m a quiet person. Maybe it is less fun when compared with having a lot of friends but it is truly fun because your friends and you understand each other SO much that you can share everything from happiness to sadness.
The bad things will go away when they are sent and good things will come to you.
For example, IF you have lost one of YOUR favorite books, it’s very IMPORTANT to you but not everyone can understand this, they just give their regret to you and suggest you buy another book or look for it again more carefully. In contrast, your TRUE friend will help you to find it which at least make you feel less sad and disappointed when you DO FIND IT. In addition, a close friend is much more trustworthy than others; your secretS WILL be safer with her. You can put your trust IN her.

All things considered, both spending time with one or two friends or with many friends BOTH have their advantages. The more friends you have the more fun you receive, but if you are with your close friends, you have more trust. The decision is dependent on you. With me, it is better to be with my close friend.

Good morning LE, that is so much better. Thanks for doing the extra work.

“my best friend’, ‘my intimate friend,’ instead of 'my close friend” All are acceptable an offer alternatives without altering the general meaning of the text.
Kitos.

Hi Kitos, can you check for my new essay above? Does it have any grammatical mistakes?

Done.