Essay problems:: in conclusion

I am always having a problem in last paragraph to conclude my essay. How we can sum up all those points which we already explained above.Its very confusing, what we should write again and what we should not.

Please help me.

thanks

TOEFL listening lectures: A university science lecture on Island Biogeography

Hi Avinash be calm! :slight_smile:
You start your conclusion with either :
1-All in all
2-To Sum it up,
3- To conclude…
Then you just have to write the topic. For Instance:-

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Coaches are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Conclusion:- To sum it up, I personally agree/disagree that coaches are/aren’t the best teachers due to the reasons stated above.

People attend school for many different reasons (for example, expanded knowledge, societal awareness, and enhanced interpersonal relationships). Why do you think people decide to go to school? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Conclusion:- All in all, in my opinion people decide to go to school because schools provide us with good learning skills as mentioned above.

When you get an agree or disagree question for an essay, to save time, write your introduction then conclusion, and then start writing reasons and examples in between both. That way if time is up, atleast you will have an introduction and conclusion, and one or two reasons to support it.
Hope this helps.

thanks katty,

I think it will help me little bit.

Hello Avinash,

There are good books which teach how to write and contain many model essays. I believe that you can find them at some book stores in your place. Buy two or three books and read them carefully. I hope that could help you.

I agree with Hoadong. You should also refer to old essays of users on this website. Don’t worry, I have used to toefl guides and already given exam and above conclusion instructions were provided to me by professional teachers.