Essay: History & Literature or Science & Mathematics?

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement. It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Today, education is a valuable issue for any person. Some people say that it is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Literature and history, math and sciences have their own advantages. However, I believe that study math and science has more advantages than literature and the history. As follow, I will explain the reasons why.
To begin with, when a child stars school, one of the first things that he/she learns are mathematics and language. Mathematics develops our mind, by using reasoning and logic to solve problems. For example, when I was attending high school, I remember one of my professors saying: “He/she who is good in math is good in everything else.” Math has sets of rules and laws that help people to calculate. In addition, science is a method of discovering knowledge about natural world based in making hypotheses, testing them, and using experiments to prove. Science has enormous influence on our lives. It provides the basis of much of modern technology, such as tools, materials, techniques and sources of power that makes our lives and work easier.
Secondly, when a student studies math and science, that doesn’t mean they will become scientists; but those classes develop thinking processes that help students use logic, which assists them to become better thinkers. Therefore, by developing and improving thinking, students will be able to solve most of the problems that appear and anything they may do later on in their lives. So, schools prepare students not only to choose and learn their professions, but by studying different subjects they help learners to develop many different skills such as logic thinking, memorizing etc.
To sum it up, I disagree that it is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Because of its valuable importance, math and science help students use logic and reasoning to solve their problems, and develop thinking process, which will comfort their daily life and work.

Hello professor Kitos,
how are you doing today?
I highly appreciate appreciate your help and advice about TOEFL IBT preparation. May you please grade my essay?
Vilma

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a marine biology class

Different people have different ideas towards this question on base of their experiences. As far as I am concerned, I would like to study Science and Mathematics for several reasons that are rendered in the following way.

First, Science and Mathematics can increase the ability of thinking and understanding in many situations that History and Literature could not. It means that with solving combersome problems in Mathematics, the capacity of mind will expand so large that you can analyze lots of other things correctly. So, no doubt, you can deal more percisely with other problems in your life such as; financial or social ones.

Second, I will be excited to know how the earth is going on and what it is related to other plants? I could not find the answer of this sort of question expect for in physics or astronomy which are Science. Therefore, in Science, we find many unavoidable phenomena that play a big rule in the our future life. Moreover, Science is really connected with our body through biology and chimestry. Then we need to get some points from it.
Finally, we can make good progress with learning Science and Math. and innovate new technologies by working on Scientific projects. For instance, some outstanding creations are the conclusion of solving Scientific algoritms and convelutions. Thus we can serve to our society by learning Science in deep.
In conclusion, learning Science and Math. is more important for empowering mind, getting knowlege of earth and other phenomena and making good progress in technology.

Hello professor Kitos,
how are you doing today?
I highly thank you to grade my essay as much as possible?
Shahram