Essay: Compare contributions to a society of artists and scientists. Please rate

Societies are built with knowledge of a very different kind of people. Furthermore, a society needs artists as well as scientists. While artists can create art, music or literature in order to contribute with a higher variety of leisure activities. Scientists can invent new gadgets in order to contribute to our well-being. In my opinion, both artists and scientists are really important not only for the mentality but also for the prosperity of a society.

Our natural Word can be capture in a painting. Love can be listened in a song. History can be written in a novel. Each of these things are made by artists. The humankind needs music and art to feel the life, to see our souls. Modern societies are created by great men, both singers and painters collaborated to our actual development. For example, painters have been painting every important moment of the history and singers have been singing every important story of humankind.

On the other hand, scientists change our world by technology. The discovering of the radium by Marie Curie. The creation of the submarine by Isaac Perales. The invention of the electricity by both Tesla and Edison. Our current development were gotten by the most intelligent people of our history. Every step of humankind was made by our genius. All in all, the science provides us with new technology every year. For example, we can fly or cross the ocean because of the scientists.

In my opinion, artists are very important in a society for the development of our mentality and our view of the world. But scientists are the real important people who discover new technology in order to make life easier. For example, so many of us are living because scientists discover the cure for many illnesses.

To sum up, although both artists and scientists contribute to improve the way that we live. Art is a way to express our feeling whereas scientists invent things to make better the world. The aim of my life as a scientist is to create a better technologic world, so I prefer to search for the well-being of a society with science instead of looking for with art.

Thank you Mr. Luschen.
You are the best.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university adviser and a student

Hi Antonioiba, your essay is not too bad, but I think some of your other essays have been better. This type of prompt is the most difficult to write I think, and you have done a pretty good job of discussing both sides. But your third body paragraph seemed quite abrupt. Also, you have a lot of sentence fragments as well as some poor word choices and other miscellaneous errors. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

Hi Antonioiba, your essay is not too bad, but I think some of your other essays have been better. This type of prompt is the most difficult to write I think, and you have done a pretty good job of discussing both sides. But your third body paragraph seemed quite abrupt. Also, you have a lot of sentence fragments as well as some poor word choices and other miscellaneous errors. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

Thank you Mr. Luschen. I know that I didn’t write a good essay, but I wanted to practice a compare and contrast essay because I never wrote one.

Thank you because I am watching my several mistakes in my writings.