Essay: Advertisements make products seem better than they are. Correct please

Apologize to you for forgetting the topic of my last essay.
Topic: Most advertisements make products seem much better they really are. Agree or disagree?
Participating in various conferences and workshops and interviewing with a broad spectrum of expert and educated commentators in thorough the world, I have found out that there are two totally different viewpoints about the controversial issue of whether most advertisements can make product seem much better than really are or not. A subset of the above mentioned people believes that since most advertisements use the some psychological tactics to get their products into show without doubt there is big gap between the real quality of a product with what is shown in its advertisement; however the other people point out that there is no different between the exact quality of a ware and its advertisement most advertise try to illustrate the exact qualities of products. I would like to side with people who agree that advertisements do not show the real quality of a product.
To begin with, the most persuasive point is that most of advertiser uses the efficacious psychological methods to their advertisements that can effect of customer’s opinions about a product consciously and unconsciously. Nobody can deny the fact that there are several assorted factors that can put the essential impacts on customer minds to buy a product. The repetition tactic, for example, one based on which advertiser use in the wide range of nowadays advertisements. For instance, a car company that produce a new car. For showing that the product have enough room, advertiser produce a show that one drive the car on a street and he picks up some persons during his driving. Each person that get in the car says this the best car with appropriate room that one can see in his lifespan , these subtle messages is repeated more and more by each persons in the show. This subtle message cans effects indirectly on one’s mind and his decision to buy the product. One more example, suppose a toy company that want to advertise a new product. Advertiser shows the toy advertisement at time when the kids programs are shown because they want to abuse the imagination of children to make show their products much better . What happen? Most children are fascinated to the product and as children are not mature enough to distinguish the exact qualities of the product, they constantly make insist that their parents must buy the product.
Last but not least, putting some famous person and celebrity to use in advertisement of a product can deceitfully captivates people to buy the product without not taking any notice to what is shown and saw in its advertisement and real quality of the product . By taking this method most fans of that person are allured and buy the product. For example, for advertising a new product of make-up stuff, advertiser get help from a celebrity from Hollywood to advertise this product. What happen? There is no doubt most of her fans rush to stories and stack pile of the product even though the quality of this is less than what is broadcasted in the advertisement. I have read an article a couples of week ago that has shown the BMW company make imposing profit of selling a new car result in use the best deriver in world to advertisement this product.
To put it in a nut shell, it is very likely that people will never be able to come to the same conclusion on this controversial issue due to their different experiences, conflicting values and awareness of various dimensions of the issue discussed in the above argument. Though different views exist, I categorically contend that most company in all over the world use the deceitful advertisements and show not the exact qualities of their products to reach high profits and keep themselves successful in colossal competitive conditions in the globe.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does DNA analysis reveal about the domestication of horses?

Suggestion for improving the subject of the thread:

Essay: Is advertising of products accurate? Please correct.

Apologize to you for forgetting the topic of my last essay.
Topic: Most advertisements make products seem much better they really are. Agree or disagree?
Participating in various conferences and workshops and interviewing with a broad spectrum of expert and educated commentators in thorough the world, I have found out that there are two totally different viewpoints about the controversial issue of whether most advertisements can make product seem much better than really are or not. A subset of the above mentioned people believes that since most advertisements use the some psychological tactics to get their products into show without doubt there is big gap between the real quality of a product with what is shown in its advertisement; however the other people point out that there is no different between the exact quality of a ware and its advertisement most advertise try to illustrate the exact qualities of products. I would like to side with people who agree that advertisements do not show the real quality of a product.
To begin with, the most persuasive point is that most of advertiser uses the efficacious psychological methods to their advertisements that can effect of customer’s opinions about a product consciously and unconsciously. Nobody can deny the fact that there are several assorted factors that can put the essential impacts on customer minds to buy a product. The repetition tactic, for example, one based on which advertiser use in the wide range of nowadays advertisements. For instance, a car company that produce a new car. For showing that the product have enough room, advertiser produce a show that one drive the car on a street and he picks up some persons during his driving. Each person that get in the car says this the best car with appropriate room that one can see in his lifespan , these subtle messages is repeated more and more by each persons in the show. This subtle message cans effects indirectly on one’s mind and his decision to buy the product. One more example, suppose a toy company that want to advertise a new product. Advertiser shows the toy advertisement on the TV at time when the kids programs are shown because they want to abuse the imagination of children to make show their products much better . What happen? Most children are fascinated to the product and as children are not mature enough to distinguish the exact qualities of the product, they constantly make insist that their parents must buy the product.
Last but not least, putting some famous person and celebrity to use in advertisement of a product can deceitfully captivates people to buy the product without not taking any notice to what is shown and saw in its advertisement and real quality of the product . By taking this method most fans of that person are allured and buy the product. For example, for advertising a new product of make-up stuff, advertiser get help from a celebrity from Hollywood to advertise this product. What happen? There is no doubt most of her fans rush to stories and stack pile of the product even though the quality of this is less than what is broadcasted in the advertisement. I have read an article a couples of week ago that has shown the BMW company make imposing profit of selling a new car result in use the best deriver in world to advertisement this product.
To put it in a nut shell, it is very likely that people will never be able to come to the same conclusion on this controversial issue due to their different experiences, conflicting values and awareness of various dimensions of the issue discussed in the above argument. Though different views exist, I categorically contend that most company in all over the world use the deceitful advertisements and show not the exact qualities of their products to reach high profits and keep themselves successful in colossal competitive conditions in the globe.

I see you didn’t edit it, so now I have.

Please help everyone to make the most of this forum and its resources by giving your threads meaningful and relevant subject lines.

1 Like

Hi Dr Ram, pretty good essay. This was very long - were you able to write all of this in 30 minutes? Maybe your word count will help your score, but you did have a lot of grammatical mistakes, poor word choices, and odd sounding phrases. Your content was good though, very relevant to the topic and quite convincing. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

1 Like

In attending various conferences and workshops and interviewing a wide range of experts and educated commentators around the world, I have found that there are two completely different viewpoints on the controversial question of whether or not most advertisements can make a product seem much better than it actually is. Some of the people mentioned above believe that most advertisements use psychological tactics to showcase their products, and that there is undoubtedly a large discrepancy between the actual quality of a product and what is shown in the advertisement; however, the others point out that there is no difference between the exact quality of a product and its advertisement. I would like to join those who believe that advertising does not show the actual quality of a product.
First of all, the most convincing point is that most advertisers use effective psychological methods in their advertising, which can consciously and unconsciously influence customers’ opinion about a product. No one can deny the fact that there are several different factors that can persuade a customer to buy a product. For example, the repetition tactic that advertisers use in a variety of commercials nowadays. For example, a car company making a new car. In order to show that the product has enough space, the advertiser produces a show where they drive the car on a road and pick up a few people as they drive. Each person who gets into the car says that this is the best car with adequate space that you can see in your life, these subtle messages are repeated more and more by each person in the show. These subtle messages indirectly affect the mind and the decision to buy the product. Another example: Suppose a toy company wants to advertise a new product. The advertiser shows the toy commercial at a time when children’s shows are airing because it wants to exploit children’s imaginations to better represent its products. And what happens? Most children are fascinated by the product, and since children are not mature enough to know the exact features of the product, they constantly insist that their parents must buy the product.
Last but not least, the use of famous people in the advertisement of a product can lead people to buy the product without paying attention to what is shown and seen in the advertisement and what the quality of the product really is. Through this method, most fans of that person are attracted and buy the product. For example: to promote a new makeup product, the advertiser enlists the help of a Hollywood celebrity to promote the product. What happens next? Undoubtedly, most of their fans jump on the stories and pile on the product, even if the quality of the product is lower than advertised. I read an article a few weeks ago that showed that the BMW company makes an imposing profit on the sale of a new car by using the best driver in the world to promote that product.
To put it in a nutshell: It is very likely that people will never be able to come to a common conclusion on this controversial issue because of their different experiences, conflicting values, and awareness of the different dimensions of the issue discussed in the above argument. Although there are different views, I categorically assert that most of the companies all over the world use the deceptive advertising and do not show the accurate qualities of their products to earn high profits and keep themselves successful in colossal competitive conditions in the globe.