English words have different meanings depending on which context they are used in

Many English words have different meanings depending on which context they are used in, therefore enabling a person with not so vast a vocabulary range to express themselves in many ways. That is an advantage. But just tell me one thing: What about all the effort you have to go through to memorise all these different meanings?

I believe that it is your perseverence and how hard you apply yourself when studying another language that makes that language seems easier or more difficult. It depends on how much time you spend listening , speaking, reading and writing in that language and how curious you are to find out things you are not sure of.

Of course, it does help if the language you are studying is similar to your own in some way. Every language has its peculiarities and also easy and difficult features…!

hi,everyone.There is too many polysemy,for instance,the word ‘good’ has more than twenty meaning,hence I’m very confused,who could inform me how to comprehend it?
look forwrad to your reply!
Thanks a lot.

Very simple: Instead of learning separate words you need to learn entire phrases, idioms, fixed expressions and sentences.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and a departmental secretary[YSaerTTEW443543]