English trainer wanted: Nordhausen, June 14 through June 25

Hi everybody,

We are looking for English language trainers who want to take part in the following training project:

English course
period: Monday, June 14 through Friday, June 25, 2010 (2 weeks)
time: from 7:45 am to 3 pm, (8 units 45 minutes each), Monday through Friday
level: beginners, A1/A2

The group consists of about 8 people who want to increase their job chances by improving their English. The course is funded by the federal labour/employment agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit, Nordhausen).

For previous TOEIC prep courses in Nordhausen, please check these threads:
ESL Trainers wanted: TOEIC prep course Nordhausen, January to April 2010
ESL/teaching English job: Nordhausen July 14 through September 21, 2009
ESL job: Nordhausen October 6 through December 14, 2009

If you are interested, please contact us here on the forum.

Many thanks,
Torsten Daerr[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a registration clerk during registration week[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi to everyone:

to cut it short: I would be able to do EITHER 14/15/16 AND 21/22/23 OR the whole first week.

Cheers Matthias

Hello Torsten,

I would be interested in teaching this course, and am available for the full 2 weeks.

Best Wishes,

Oliver Johnston

Hello Torsten,

I would also be interested in teaching this course and am available for the full 2 weeks.

Best regards,
Natasha

Hi Torsden,

Can you please tell me what the compensation is for the two weeks?

Thanks,
Elliot

Hi Eilliot,

The pay rate will be between EUR 14 and 16 per lesson (45 minutes) depending on your performance. This includes and travel or accommodation costs.

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: A voice mail message from an attorney[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Just to let you know that I have loged on “successefully” am available for the full two weeks.

Regards,
Norma

Hi Torsden,

Can you please tell me what the compensation is for the three weeks?

Thanks,
Lary

Watch Shrek Forever After Online Free

Hi Norma, thanks a lot for joining the forum. I thought you would be interested in this course: English trainers wanted: Havelberg June/July 2010 (evening course)

If so, you would not be available for the two weeks in Nordhausen as the Havelberg course is on three evenings per week.

Please let me know if you want to do the Havelberg course.
Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Reporting on a company’s stock price movements[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Things are a little different from what was expected and so the first day was a little bit chaotic but now things are going much more smoothly. The group actually consists of 16 people, one of which is yet to come, of varying levels - from complete beginners who have never learned English before to pre-intermediate levels who can hold basic conversations. My strategy is teaching certain parts of the lesson together with the entire class - grammar, vocabulary and listening, then for the further exercises and reading, I’ve prepared two different lessons - one for the complete beginners and one (with alternative challenges for the stronger learners) for those who already have some English knowledge.

Here’s a run down of what we’ve done so far:

MONDAY
Client Learning Profile Sheet
Initial Assessment Test
NATO alphabet
simple introductions
German words in the English language, then English words in the German language as a brainstorm
common classroom phrases
English abbreviations
introduction of the Present Simple (positive, question)
forming questions in English
adverbs of frequency
personal pronouns
Present Simple used in jokes
telling the time
office vocabulary - hangman & “I spy”
description activity: scenic photographs
prepositions of location
salutations
family tree

TUESDAY
scavenger hunt activity: questions practice, asking for information
brainstorm: how to improve your English quickly, hand out of useful website links
numbers revision - how to say and write numbers (in words), dates and times.
giving directions
listening exercise: introductions and booking a hotel
brainstorm: food (favourites and things they don’t like)… Present Simple (negative)
introduction of the Present Continuous (positive), contrast with Present Simple
vocabulary activity: animals plus description guessing game
brainstorm: household and furniture
vocabulary activity: occupations and the tasks involved in each
basic telephone conversation: formal business context, getting through to someone
review of basic question formation ===> transforming them into a formal/polite form
reading activity: categorizing information about a company and its structure (Swatch Group), forming sentences and related business vocabulary: produce, production, productivity… productivity bonus /employ, employee, employer, employment… self-employed/advertise, advertiser, advertisement…advertising campaign/ sell, sales, salesperson… sales figures, annual/compete, competitor, competition… competitive prices / supply, supplier, supply
countries and nationalities
Absolute Beginners: greetings, introductions, asking simple questions (as an alternative to the Swatch Group reading activity)

WEDNESDAY
countries & nationalities - review
any/some
how many/ how much
there is/ there are
transport vocabulary and discussion
presenting a company
Present Continuous (question, negative)
also, too
ordinal numbers
listening exercise
visiting the doctor

THURSDAY
weather vocabulary
emotions/feelings vocabulary
hand out: most commonly used verbs in english
the imperative
news/politics - listening exercise
reading prices
web quest: shopping for tools online
travel vocabulary
Past Simple (positive)
listening activity: bad holiday
planning a trip

FRIDAY
Future Simple with going to/will
talking about future plans
computer vocabulary
reading technical instructions
sentence structure revision
past simple (negative, question)
CV writing
how to read recipes
business letters
writing an information brochure

Hello Natasha, thank you very much for your update. You obviously have covered quite a lot of ground so please keep up the great work! Best regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How often should I send updates?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten

I’m Robson, I’m from Brazil and I want to improve my English.
I’m Studying English for 2 years, maybe I’ll make some tests, I don’t Know yet.

Thanks for your help.

Robson

Hello all,

Here’s an update of what we’ve done over the last week…

MONDAY:
ordering in a restaurant: keywords and dialogue
introduction to the Present Perfect
telephone dialogue: placing an order
listening comprehension, dictation
at the airport: immigration and customs
daily schedules
giving opinions
Future Simple (-, ?)
pronunciation training

TUESDAY
describing jobs
giving advice (introduction and use of have to/must/should)
listening practice: dictation
describing people
making small talk
promoting and describing a new product

WEDNESDAY
job descriptions
revision: Present Simple
revision: Personal Pronouns
describing the weather
revision: Present Continuous
forming questions revision
revision of English greetings
writing an information brochure about the company they work(ed) for
revision: Past Simple
telephone dialogue: booking a holiday
writing: formal/informal email invitations

THURSDAY
introductions
‘strangers on a train’ activity, steering a conversation
giving directions
speaking exam
listening practice & dictation
review of all tenses
reading techniques: skimming, scanning
reading comprehension - understanding receipts

FRIDAY
Revision: all five tenses
written (writing/listening/grammar/reading) exam
reading news exercise - making summaries
listening comprehension
cultural discussion

Hi Natasha, thanks a lot for your great work and your reports. I’m abroad until mid July but you can reach me through email or phone if you want to. Also, if you like you can send me your invoice via PayPal so I will get paid within the next few days. Best regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Weren’t you at the conference last month?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten. you are right, I am apologizing for those mistakes I have made. Now I looked through and knew that there is not any organisation that can employee me. In general I would like to ask about employment. Can I be employed in a language course no matter for 4 weeks or more? Is there forum of teachers where I can discuss issues about teaching and methods? Thank you very much in advance,

Hi Abdul, what country do you want to work in to? What kind of experience do you have? How and what can potential learners learn from you?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: What did you learn at the seminar last night?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten, thank you very much for reading my emails, I would like to work in any European countries, because I have never worked in EU and I want to get experience there as I know it is very useful. But I am very precise and punctual man, so I would prefer to wait till getting my TEFL certificate then inform you about it, because I think the best way to show your quality is certificate from one of the organisations that can certify your teaching(TEFL). It is said that I am very good teacher in our company(CELT-Centre for English Language Teaching). Our company has been established in 2001 and has 9 branches(celt.az/about/college-centers/celt-sahil/- here you can see my branch, programmes and my photo). I can even make a short video of one of my classes and send you after getting TEFL certificate. Thank you very much for sharing your valuable time.Take care P.S. And sorry if I have mistakes, but I expect you to teach me because I am always learner and I enjoy improve myself.

Hello Abdul,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. I’ve checked your website which looks very good and you might want to improve this text by adding the definite article in some places:

Just next to Fountain Square, Sahil office is a place where people can get many opportunities. While studying English in the center, they get chance to visit United States and work within the program Work and Travel.

Work and Travel program helps school students to travel and get familiar with American culture and work system. In addition, they make money for themselves to explore the United States more than ever.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A girl with boxes[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you very much Torsten for your answer, I would like to know your opinion whether I have a chance to come and work temporarily in EU after getting TEFL certificate and sending you videos of my classes if it is needed.