Do you think that the famous people deserve high salaries?

Some famous athletes and entertainers earn millions of dollars every year. Some people believe that these celebrities do not deserve such high salaries, but I contradict such opinions. My reasons are as follows.

First, I believe that the famous people really have to work hard if they want stay on top. Despite the fact that they have good health and abilities they do everything in order to achieve good results. Moreover, I admire some of them because they have achieved success in their lives thanks to their hard and dedicated work. There a lot of celebrities who were born in poor families of different background and they had spent lots of effort to become famous.

Second, they pay high prizes for their luxuries lives. There a lot of gossips and discussions about them and their private lives in newspapers, magazines and on television. Tell the true, they do not have private lives at all. Millions of people follow them everywhere, they know everything about their idols. Furthermore, their children suffer a lot from such attention. Most of them do not have real friends because of the money. But there is one more problem, they do not see their parent or parents very often for a long time. Their parents do not have enough time to spend with their child.

Last but not least, the famous people are real proud and glory of their native country. They help their country to become popular all over the world. That is why they have millions of funs in different countries and ready to pay great amounts of money to see their favorite stars.

To sup up, from the above reasons one can see that some famous people deserve high salaries. They have to work very hard in order to stay on top, they do not have benefits of private lives and they are a glory of their native country.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (2)

Some famous athletes and entertainers earn millions of dollars every year. Some people believe that these celebrities do not deserve such high salaries, but I contradict such opinions. My reasons are as follows.

First, I believe that the famous people really have to work hard if they want TO stay on top. Despite the fact that they have good health and abilities they do everything in order to achieve good results. Moreover, I admire some of them because they have achieved success in their lives thanks to their hard and dedicated work. There ARE a lot of celebrities who were born in poor families of different background and they had spent lots of effort to become famous.

Second, they pay A high priCe for their luxuriOUs lives. There IS a lot of gossip and discussions about them and their private lives in newspapers, magazines and on television.
TRUTH TO TELL, they do not have private lives at all. Millions of people /follow them/FOLLOW THEIR EVERY MOVEMENT/ everywhere AND they know everything about their idols.
Furthermore, their children suffer a lot from such attention. Most of them do not have real friends because of the /money/VAST SUMS THAT THEIR PARENTS EARN/. But there is one more problem, they do not see their parent or parents very often for a long time. Their parents do not have enough time to spend with THEM.

Last but not least, the famous people are A real PRIDE and glory TO their native country. They help their country to become popular all over the world. That is why they have millions of fAns in different countries WHO ARE ready to pay great amounts of money to see their favorite stars.

To sup up, from the above reasons one can see that some famous people deserve high salaries. They have to work very hard in order to stay on top, they do not have THE benefit of private lives and they are a TREASURE of their native country.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Think. 8/10

Kitos.

I appreciate your help!
Thank, Kitos!

Hi Lubov,
I can see you have improved a lot since you posted your first essay on the forum. Congratulations my friend, keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

Mixmixi

Hi!
Thanks a lot dear Mixmixi!
I hope so.:slight_smile: