Do you think it's better to focus on one subject in college or study a variety o

Do you think it’s better to focus on one subject in college or study a variety of subjects in college?

Thanks in advance. Hope you are fine

Some people prefer to study one subject in college, since they argue that specializing only in one subject will be more advantageous for their professional lives. However, in my opinion, I would rather study a variety of subjects in college, because it helps me to broaden my perspective, boost my chance in job market and choose a subject which is more appropriate to me.

First of all, studying more than one subjects at university help us to widen our horizon. When we examine the most successful people’s lives throughout history, we can clearly realize that most of them interested in more than one subject. It cannot be coincidence, because every new things we have learned increase our versatile thinking ability. It provides us to develop different perspective when we encounter difficulties. For example, a student from business administration department can boost their leadership skills when he read the bibliographies of Alexander The Great or George Washington.

Moreover, in recent years, having versatile personality play a crucial role in business life. It will us render privilege among the other people from the very beginning of business life. First, we can find a job more easily. Additionally, in further business life, we can get earlier promotion. By way of illustration, one of my friend graduated from both engineering and business administration department. While he was working as an engineer in company, it appears a vacant position in management department within company. Because of his educational background, he got the promotion.

Finally, some people may be still undecided in what they want to major in. I think it is great opportunity for these kinds of people receiving lecture from various subjects in order to decide more accurately. I remember that one of my friend was in dilemma between studying literature or engineering in the first year at university. He received lessons from both subjects and at the end of the year, he saw that literature was more suitable to his personality and met his current and future expectation he continued studying literature. Now, he becomes very successful author.

Taking all the above mentioned into consideration, studying more than one subject simultaneously provide us with better future and well-rounded mind.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why doesn’t the young man want to assume the family business?

Do you think it’s better to focus on one subject in college or study a variety of subjects in college?

Some people prefer to study one subject in college, since they argue that specializing only in one subject will be more advantageous for their professional lives. However, in my opinion, I would rather study a variety of subjects in college, because it helps me to broaden my perspective, boost my chances in the job market and choose a subject which is more appropriate to me.

First of all, studying more than one subject at university helps us to widen our horizons. Throughout history, whenever we examine the most successful people’s lives , we can clearly realize that most of them were interested in more than one subject. It cannot be coincidence, because every new thing we have learned has increased our versatile thinking ability. It helps us to develop different perspectives when we encounter difficulties. For example, a student from a business administration department can boost his leadership skills when he reads the bibliographies of Alexander The Great or George Washington.

Moreover, in recent years, having a versatile personality has played a crucial role in business life. It will render us privileges among the other people from the very beginning of our business life. First, we can find a job more easily. Additionally, in further business life, we can get earlier promotion. By way of illustration, one of my friends graduated from both engineering and business administration departments. While he was working as an engineer in the company, there appeared a vacant position in the management department within the company. Because of his educational background, he got the promotion.

Finally, some people may be still undecided in what they want to major in. I think it is a great opportunity for these kinds of people receiving lectures in various subjects in order to decide more accurately. I remember that one of my friends was in a dilemma between studying literature or engineering in his first year at university. He received lessons in both subjects, and at the end of the year he saw that literature was more suitable to his personality and met his current and future expectations. He continued studying literature. Now, he has became a very successful author.

Taking all the above mentioned into consideration, studying more than one subject simultaneously provide us with better future prospects and a well-rounded mind.

This was nearly good, but it needed far too many corrections. You would be well advised to read this edited version of your work and see if you can learn anything from the alterations.

Kitos. 8/10