Do you think it is a good idea for teenagers to have jobs?

In many countries, working is a common and legal practice for young people. Several individuals may support with the idea, while some others oppose strongly. Personally, I think students should be allowed to have their jobs, because they can earn some extra money and it can definitely help them to be prepared for their future careers.

If teenagers are allowed to work, the key benefit is that they are able to earn extra money for personal spending. Normally, some teenagers may get only a small amount of money from their parents, which sometimes might not be enough to cover their monthly expenses. In some cases, they can also use such money for some fruitful activities such as tutorial school class and sports activities. If they are allowed to have some part-time jobs, they will have more money and can also learn about the value of money earned themselves. My friend, Peter, for example, had a part-time job at a 7-11 shop three days a week. Not so long ago, he could buy himself a brand new wrist watch without disturbing his parents.

On the other hand, allowing teenagers to have jobs is able to help them prepare themselves for future careers. If teenagers spend their free time after school doing some part-time jobs, their time will be used more effectively, rather than wasting their time in other unimportant activities. They can learn how to work with other people from different background and what it is like to work in the real work place. Consequently, when they get older, they tend to take responsibility with their jobs better. For example, when I was a student, I also had my part-time jobs as a writer. Later on, when I graduated from school, I could apply my writing skill from my past experience to my first full-time job perfectly. Many colleagues were even surprised where I acquired that skill from.

Although, the idea of working while studying may not be supported by governments in many countries. However, I totally agree with the idea and see that its benefit is quite large. I would like to suggest government to allow students to have jobs. This practice will certainly help develop our children to be good adults in the future.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the problem with the concept of brain lateralization?

In many countries, working is a common and legal practice for young people. Several individuals may support with the idea, while some others oppose strongly. Personally, I think students should be allowed to have their jobs, because they can earn some extra money and it can definitely help them to be prepared for their future careers.

If teenagers are allowed to work, the key benefit is that they are able to earn extra money for personal spending. Normally, some teenagers may get only a small amount of money from their parents, which sometimes might not be enough to cover their monthly expenses. In some cases, they can also use such money for some fruitful activities such as tutorial school class and sports activities. If they are allowed to have some part-time jobs, they will have more money and can also learn about the value of money earned themselves. My friend, Peter, for example, had a part-time job at a 7-11 shop three days a week. Not so long ago, he could buy himself a brand new wrist watch without disturbing his parents.

On the other hand, allowing teenagers to have jobs is able to help them prepare themselves for future careers. If teenagers spend their free time after school doing some part-time jobs, their time will be used more effectively, rather than wasting their time in other unimportant activities. They can learn how to work with other people from different backgrounds and what it is like to work in the real work place. Consequently, when they get older, they tend to take responsibility with their jobs better. For example, when I was a student, I also had my part-time jobs as a writer. Later on, when I graduated from school, I could apply my writing skill from my past experience to my first full-time job perfectly. Many colleagues were even surprised as to where I acquired that skill from.

Although, the idea of working while studying may not be supported by governments in many countries I totally agree with the idea, and see that its benefit is quite large. I would like to suggest government to allow students to have jobs. This practice will certainly help develop our children to be good adults in the future.

An excellent essay Sarunnio.

Kitos. 10/10 *****

Thank you very much.
I will continue on to keep up my good work. :slight_smile: