Do you read a newspaper?

Dear Bez,

Many thanks for your very interesting account. Which set me thinking this:

Why? Because three English barristers’s report about the role of Welsh in education- who didn’t speak a word of Welsh - in consequence the provision of education had been given by the commissioners -who judged the Welsh language as a drawback -to those who improve this situation with the Introduction of English education. This has occurred to me: Franz Kafka : The Castle novel.

K is the protagonist of the novel.

It’s true that I read it 40 years ago, I remember only its absurdity.

The absurdity of the two stories is similar.

Many thanks for it.
Regards:
Kati

Yes, I agree with you: newspapers ARE boring. (And I, too, just read the headlines and throw it away.) They are boring BECAUSE they are afraid to tell the truth. They are afraid of powerful politicians, companies, and groups of people.

Exactly, and sometimes medias doesn’t have anything interesting to present so they are writing about some singers new clothes, I mean what!?
We had a case in my country where one television was really realistic, they wasn’t scared of politicians, companies or some other organisations. They were exposing everything… but two months later they sold their firm and now it’s a regular boring channel like almost every other. They were actually forced to shut down or sell their company, buy no one else but country itself… :expressionless:

DO YOU READ A NEWSPAPER ?

This is a nice discussion in my opinion.

Fist af all,I would like to specify that I live in Turkey.

The turkish press has had problems occasionally about freedom of press by

Turkish authorities.

However,Turkey has freedom of press generally.Moreover, The city where I live

has a lot of national newspapers although existence of internet.

But, I take care of not reading newspaper.Because there are negative news on

papers many times.

And this affects me negatively. ( because I am a responsive citizen. )

Anyway,I can learn these negative news from other people in my country.

İn conculusion,The Turkish press has freedom although to obstacles and

I live in a nice country : ) Thank you.

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I have read that some newspapers in your country are having “problems.” But it seems that Turkey has more freedom of the press than in many other neighboring countries.