Do you like football (soccer)?

Who was the greatest ever footballer?

• Pele
  • Maradona
  • Zidane
  • Beckenbauer

0 voters

Then come along to languagecaster.com for a free weekly podcast about football for learners of English. There are transcripts, worksheets, discussion boards and vocabulary lists too.

Pele was a good guy, though i have not seen him playing (only some sketches). I don’t like Maradona because he is mostly showing off/ nothing special. Zidane is great guy! Once he left - there is nothing more to watch… Probably, if Shevchenko and Niestelroy happen to play simultaneously - i’ll watch the game. Otherwise - modern players are too lazy to earn so much money…

It’s football not soccer
Ronaldinho is the best

Hi Aereal,

I agree that Pele was a good football (soccer) player. From his childhood, he liked playing football so much in his village. Though he didn’t have a proper ball, he made one out of cloth. That’s how magical his effort was. :smiley:

But really, since football is a game of the world, almost every player seems to do it for a specific purpose, not really for the spirit of the game. :frowning:

Oh, I forget to say something. I like playing football so much and I have recently played it every evening.

Do I like soccer?

Yes, I do.

Rosalisa, what position do you play?

X X X X

X X X X

X X

Pick an X. hehe

I’m into the game of soccer. I like to play it raw :)))

c’mon, man - where’s goalkeeper? are you sure you like football? :slight_smile:

And why isn’t Stanley Matthews on the list?

:smiley: Hi Tom, I have recently been trained to play it fairly well, but really I have started a bit late in this age…I’ve just learned how to dribble the ball, how to pass the ball…other male football players often leave me behind…and I sometimes also play as a goalkeeper…it hurts the most when you see your competitor scores the goal…and you only realize that it’s all your fault… :frowning:

:lol:
By the way,do you know the rules of American Football?

yep, since I was about five years old. Dad had me out in the parking lot throwing a Nerf from the time I could lift one (a Nerf football – made of a sort of spongy substance).

I played organized football in junior high and high school. I wasn’t big enough or fast enough to play it in college, at least not at Wisconsin, which is a fairly major college football program in one of the best conferences (Big Ten).

If you have any questions, fire away.

Why americans call it soccer?
it’s football…

It’s “soccer” in the US.

If you’re in the US and you say “football” people will assume you’re talking about American football. IF you say “soccer” they’ll know you’re talking about world football.

American football is a collision sport played with a ball shaped like an oblong spheroid.