do you guys want to talk about your favorite movie?

hey, guys, let’s talk about our favorite movie~

Hi,

I would nominate these two films as my favourites as ones I can never tire of watching:

Some like it hot and The producers

Alan

“The Producers” is a good one indeed, I’ve been meaning to get my hands on the DVD for a long time. Unsurprisingly, I don’t think you can buy it in Germany…

My favourite films are probably Godfather I+II and The Big Lebowski. Jeff Bridges was so convincing as “The Dude” or his dudeness or el duderino that whenever I see him in a different film I can’t take him for real anymore.

Hi, Ralf
Care to join Torrent?:wink: google.com/search?hl=en&q=Th … rs+torrent

My favourites are “The office space”, “The Simpsons”, “South Park”.

Underdog, you nickname remember a great superhero and a great 70’s cartoon.

My favorite movie is Men of Honor (Cuba Jr and De Niro).

Anyone here know this movie ?

In movies I really like special effects and true stories.

My favourite movies are: ‘Signs’, ‘A Few Good Men’, ‘Eight Below’, for they all carry a message, which, in my opinion, is the most important thing for a movie - not the effects, nor the actors, neither the script - just the message. Of course, all these heap up to convey the message, but are not as vital as the latter itself.
Regards

hey, M_Murdock. my name remind you of those characters? hum, i don’t know which ones you are refering to though.

btw, i haven’t heard of any of the movies you guys mentioned, except godfather.
gotta find them and watch them!! =)

my favorite movie is the crash 2006. it won the best movie award of Oscar! it really is the best movie of all time for me~ =)
gotta check this one out guys!! the story is better than perfect! the acting is also better than perfet!! and the scenes are twice better than perfect!!! the whole movie floats so smoothly, and you will always be at the edge of your seat!!!

besides, there’re a whole bunch of movies i have collected.
such as:
Leon (1994)
the black hawk down (2001)
50 first dates (2004)
the incredibles (cartoon, 2004)

here are some of mine:

Titanic (had everything)
Gladiator
Armageddon
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Usual Suspects
The Sixth Sense

I cry every time during the end sequence of Titanic, when the old Rose sees Jack one final time in her dream.

I also shed tears when Harry says goodbye to Grace before he saves the world in Armageddon.

I recently saw The Philadelphia Story. I was very impressed with Jimmy Stewart who, for my money, might be the best American male actor ever. In that film he co-starred with Katharine Hepburn (prolly the top American female actor ever) and Cary Grant. They may have comprised the best three headline actors ever to appear in one film – legends all.

But I liked the film most for its ending. If you’ve not seen The Philadelphia Story, I highly recommend that you do… and soon!

My favorite cartoon : The Simpsons

My favorite drama series : The Numb3r

and so far my favorite box office movies : “Spiderman” and “The lord of the ring”

I have a lot of favourites but the one that struck me the most is Titanic. I was 17 when I watched it,and I watched it many times but the first time I watched the last scene where Jack sinks into the cold sea as Rose watches him, I cried and the feeling was so strong I couldn’t forget it for days asking why oh why?

The funny thing is when I think about it now, it was not that different from any other sad love story but the way the story was narrated was so perfect that it inflicted such strong feelings on people who watched it.

But if I had to choose one movie, it would be Back to the Future and all the sequels. I know it seems like a simple, no-need-to-think movie but me and my sisters have been watching it since forever. To a small kid, it was a darn fun movie and having your father explained all the time travel theory as you watch was mesmerizing.

It’s a family all time favourite. We watched it so many times, that my little sister even learned the dialogues by heart and she will say the phrases before the actors say them. Rather cute.

Titanic had everything: plot, action, romance, comedy, drama, great special effects, a good villain and the indomitable Jack & Rose as protagonists. The last hour of it keeps me on the edge of my seat.

I think what struck me the most is the strong bond and trust that Jack and Rose had in such short time, and yet, it’s believable. There were also a lot of scenes that had high impact on people, the ship itself was magnificent. The one I could remember is where Kate decided to let Jack, a total stranger, draw her naked, wearing only the ‘heart of the ocean’. And there was also that catchy phrase “You jump I jump”. Oh, I love this movie.

hi,who is the most excellent actor or actress?

edwin

The Shawshank Redemption is the best movie I have ever seen. There are a couple of scenes that are really emotional.
Red says somewhere in the middle of the movie, “Hope is a dangerous thing. Drives a man insane. It’s got no place here. Better get used to the idea”.
It looks so right on that occasion.
But towards the end of the movie Red finds Andy’s letter which says, "Remember, Red. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well. Your friend. Andy. "
It looks more right :slight_smile: