Do you agree that 20 years from now, students will not use printed books anymore?

Good evening, Grandpa KitosDad!^^
Please help me check this essay. Love you, Granpa!
Your “little girl”,
Louisa.

Time: 35 minutes (:|)
457 words

Do you agree that 20 years from now, students will not use printed books anymore? Why or why not? Use reasons and details to support your response.

Essay:

There have been many different predictions regarding the presence of printed books in the next 20 years from now. While some people have the strong belief about the strong foothold of printed books in the near future, others contemplate that printed books will disappear from daily life in the next 20 years. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the latter view for the following reasons.

First of all, e-books and notebooks will take the place of printed books in the near future. In fact, we have been witnessing the presence of portable computers and mobiles—i-pad and i-phone of Apple company, for example. These bring us a lot of benefits, thanks to their convenience and power. For example, people can store their e-books in their computers and read them whenever they can, without paying much attention on the weight of printed books that often very heavy and inconvenient to bring away. We can also store a vast numbers of e-books that have the same contents as printed books in a 500 gigabyte hard disk of a computer. Imagine you can store a library in just only on a computer’s hard disk. It is very amazing.

Second, thanks to innovative technologies such as scanning, picturing, and so on, people no longer have to worry about unwanted problems like fire, flood, and other disastrous phenomena that can be very harmful when you use printed books. Printed books are tangible things, so that they are very vulnerable whenever contacting with water, fire, or even moisture. Hence, people all over the world will choose another way to replace printed books. Such technologies like scanning and picturing will very useful for them. For example, the big library of Rome Italy is fostering a new project that will scan and restore the whole books in its library by digitizing them. These books will be transferred into .pdf, .doc, to name but a few formats, in order to preserving and imparting the knowledge to all people around the world.

Finally, Internet will take the place of printed books in the near future. People now prefer to read news, online articles in the Internet rather than read printed books. The Internet now is very prevalent and cheap, and their presence is almost all over the world. Therefore, people can update their knowledge any time and anywhere they can. It is actually more convenient and useful than just to bring printed books to anywhere.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that printed books will disappear in the future, due to the very fast pace of development of technologies like e-books, scanning, and the Internet. By taking advantages of these technologies, people would acquire knowledge in the most convenient and comfortable way.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (2)

Good evening, Grandpa KitosDad!^^
Please help me check this essay. Love you, Granpa!
Your “little girl”,
Louisa.

Time: 35 minutes (:|)
457 words

Do you agree that 20 years from now, students will not use printed books anymore? Why or why not? Use reasons and details to support your response.

Essay:

There have been many different predictions regarding the presence of printed books in the next 20 years from now. While some people have the strong belief about the strong foothold of printed books in the present, others contemplate that printed books will disappear from daily life in the next 20 years. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the latter view for the following reasons.

First of all, e-books and notebooks will take the place of printed books in the near future. In fact, we have been witnessing the presence of portable computers and mobiles—i-pad and i-phone of Apple company, for example. These bring us a lot of benefits, thanks to their convenience and power. For example, people can store their e-books in their computers and read them whenever they wish, without paying much attention on the weight of printed books that are often very heavy and inconvenient to bring away. We can also store a vast numbers of e-books that have the same contents as printed books in a 500 gigabyte hard disk of a computer. Imagine you can store a library on a computer’s hard disk. It is amazing.

Second, thanks to innovative technologies such as scanning, picturing, and so on, people no longer have to worry about unwanted problems like fire, flood, and other disastrous phenomena that can be very harmful when you use printed books. Printed books are tangible things, so that they are very vulnerable whenever they come into contact with water, fire, or even moisture. Hence, people all over the world will choose another way to replace printed books. Such technologies like scanning and picturing will very useful for them. For example, the big library of Rome Italy is fostering a new project that will scan and restore the whole books in its library by digitizing them. These books will be transferred into .pdf, .doc, to name but a few formats, in order to preserve and impart the knowledge to all people around the world.

Finally, the Internet will take the place of printed books in the near future. People now prefer to read news, on-line articles on the Internet rather than read printed books. The Internet now is very prevalent and cheap, and its presence is almost all over the world. Therefore, people can update their knowledge any time and anywhere they choose. It is actually more convenient and useful than just to bring printed books to anywhere.

In conclusion, there is no doubt that printed books will disappear in the future, due to the very fast pace of development of technologies like e-books, scanning, and the Internet. By taking advantages of these technologies, people can acquire knowledge in the most convenient and comfortable way.

Well, well, well … another ten! Very well written little Louisa.

Kitos. 10/10 *****

Big SMILE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
It’s a big compliment for me, Grandpa! You’re a very kind grandpa, Prof. KitosDad! Love you so much!:slight_smile:
Your Little Louisa.