Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors

Hello everyone. It’s Mahsa. Please check my essay (TPO29) and give me your comments about it. I would be so appreciated.

In this contemporary era, education is a significant matter for every country which must carefully consider. The quality of the university’s faculty members directly affects the students’ education. In this vein, I agree with the statement proposed in the question. I think for enhancing the quality of education, the professors’ revenue should be elevated. In what follows, two reasons and some examples will illustrate hereunder.

First and foremost, more income brings more impetus. When the professors’ salaries increase, they have a splendid reason for doing well in their job because earning more money is an important and an incentive factor for everyone not only for the professors. For example, my uncle is a teacher. When he was in Iran, his salary was very low and he did not have any urge to pursue teaching in the country, so, he decided to migrate to England. Every time we ask him about the situation he chose, he mentions it as the best decision he made. He says the revenue there is high and it brings to him a lot of energy and impetus.

Besides, by getting more salaries, there is no need to do another job in coincidence with teaching. Due to this reason, the professors would be less concentrated on other issues and would be focused on teaching and increasing the quality of education exclusively. I have a personal example of that. My university’s project was handled under the supervision of Dr.Bagheri. He was very accomplished and adept but every time I needed to talk to him, he was not in his office. One day I asked him the reason and he said our income is very low so, I must spend more time on my factory to earn more budgets. If Dr.Bagheri gets more revenue, does he need to be absent at the university? Additionally, my cousin meets her students in her office because she is not present at the university approximately. She has many difficulties and her salary does not balance with her problems. On the other hand, if all of the professors get more money from the universities, they will focus on education strictly and will pay more time to promote their information and allocate more attention to their students.

All in all, it is obvious that the professors who get more salary from the universities have incentives and enough time to enhance their knowledge and as a result to increase the quality of education. A lot of examples can be mentioned around us in this subject. The information stated above was my reasons and examples for supporting the agreement with the argument.

2 Likes

Hi Mahas, what does TPO29 mean and why do you want us to comment on your essay?

1 Like