Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teacher were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Teachers are essential citizens of society who have important influences in communities especially in educational system. In this regard, some people believe that teachers were more valued by society in the past. On the other hand, others think that teachers are appreciated now more than before. When it comes to me I am of the opinion that teachers were respected before more than now. I feel in this way for following reason which Iwill explore in following essay.

To begin with, today, the average annual income of tutors is lower than the average income of most of other jobs. Government does not financially support teachers as past decades. In addition, banks used to lend teachers which was so beneficial for teachers. Nonetheless, these days, banks do not lend instructors as past years. Also, government used to increase average income of teachers by ten percent each year; however, the government changed their policy recently and do not increases teacher income each year.

The other equally significant reason worth mentioning is that, today, students do not respect their teachers rather than past. In past decades, students used to accept whatever their teachers asked; nonetheless, nowadays, students easily refuse to obey their teacher demands. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. Ten years ago, when I was student, my teacher used to ask us to do lots of home works and we could not refuse to do. We had to stay awake all night in order to do our homeworks. By contrast, now, students do not obey teacher adviceand even disrespectful their teachers.

To sum up by taking into account all of above-mentioned reasons and examples, I strongly believe that, teachers were more respected by society in past than they were nowadays. This is because government does not financially support teachers as before anymore, and because these days, students do not consider their instructor demands and disrespect their teachers more than past.

1 Like