Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Homeschooled children have more advantages than child in school?

<Hi, thank you for watching my essay. I need your help… so please give me your advice about my essay.
In terms of structure, vocabulary, and contents.>

Home schooling is popular in some countries because there are some advantages instead of going to school. However, I personally believe that the disadvantages outweigh its advantages from the perspective of the importance of socialization and reliance of parent’s teaching skills.

To begin with, socialization is one of the most important skills in the process of education. Children can learn how to communicate with their friends or seniors through their experiences. In homeschooling, however, it is impossible to gain experiences through communicating with friends. Of course, they might some friends to talk with, but they do not have a large amount of opportunities to communicate or do something with their friends compared to the students in school. For example, I took an online classes because of COVID-19 for two years without going to my university campus. I absolutely realized that contacting with friends or people is quite important to grow my self not only in education but also socializing skills.

Secondly, there is no guarantee that all parents have skills to teach in home school. Generally, teacher in school studied a lot to become a teacher, so they have a large amount of knowledge to teach. On the other hand, many parents teach their children based on their experiences, which is difficult to educate them accurately. When I was a high school student, for instance, my father taught me English. However, I could not understand at all, and he always scolded me because I could not understand what was he teaching. One day, i decided to rely on my school teacher, and she explained me until I can understand completely. As a result, my English skills improved consistently. Therefore, it is hard to teach their children from their experiences.

In conclusion, I absolutely believe that homeschooled children have more disadvantages than children in school because of lack of socializing opportunities compared to the children in real school. Also, less parent’s teaching knowledges.

1 Like