Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A teacher’s ability to relate well with students is more important than excellent knowledge of the subject being taught. (Please help me improve my essay by reviewing it).)

Some people believe that a teacher with excellent knowledge is far more important than a teacher who can relate well with his/her students.However,I profoundly agree to the prompt that a teacher’s ability to relate well with students is more important than excellent knowledge of the subject being taught because of the following two reasons.

First of all,we as a human being, tend to be more comfortable with the people who can relate with us in either emotional or mental level.Likewise,when a teacher connects with a student ,then a comfort zone is created between them.As a result,a two-way communication is established so there will not be any kind of hesitation in students while communicating about their problems or solutions with the teacher.While lacking such quality of relating and only possessing profound knowledge directly affects student as he/she will not be willing to be involved in the exchange.For instance,when I was in high school,I used to have a teacher who was a gold medalist but lacked the proper communication skill and ability to connect with us.So I used to feel really reluctant to ask any kind of questions even if I had.Consequently,I got low score in the subject he taught which affected my final score in high school.

Secondly,after our parents or family,we spend a lot of time in school with other students and teachers.School becomes our second home.So if a teacher is relatable with students then the bond improves between them which results in increase in trust level.When students start to trust their teachers,they feel safe and homely.They start to view them as guardian.They consider their suggestions and advice as an important one and are even willing to share their personal problems.

Hence,I believe that a good teacher is one who is able to relate with his/her students,is able to establish a bond beyond a teacher and student and guide them to a bright future.In conclusion,I think a teacher’s ability to relate with students is more important than excellent knowledge of the subject being taught.

1 Like

Some people believe that a teacher with excellent knowledge is much more important than a teacher who can relate well to students. However, I agree with the statement that a teacher’s ability to relate well with students is more important than excellent knowledge of the subject being taught for the following two reasons.

First, we humans feel more comfortable with people with whom we can establish an emotional or mental relationship, and when a teacher establishes a connection with a student, a comfort zone is created between them so that two-way communication occurs and students do not hesitate to share their problems or solutions with the teacher. When this quality of relationship is missing and only profound knowledge is present, it directly affects the student because he/she is not willing to engage in the exchange. For example, when I was in high school, I had a teacher who had a gold medal but lacked the proper communication skills and ability to connect with us, so I was always hesitant to ask questions even when I had them.

Second, after our parents or family, we spend a lot of time at school with other students and teachers. School becomes our second home. So when a teacher builds a relationship with students, the bond between them improves, leading to a higher level of trust. When students begin to trust their teachers, they feel safe and at home. They begin to think of them as protectors.

Therefore, I believe that a good teacher is able to build a relationship with their students, create a bond between teacher and student, and guide them on the path to a bright future.