Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Throughout human history, people have invented a large number of products which make our lives more convenient. In other words, using technology is like a part of our life. Since the turn of the century, there have been great developments in many countries, such as Japan, China, and the US. Some people may contend that technology causes more harm than good because it endangers children and even adults. However, I believe that progress is always good for humans and our nature. I have two reasons, which I will explain in the following essay.

First, thanks to modern technology, we can communicate with people everywhere, which means that we do not need to meet in person. One cannot deny that it reduces the opportunity of meeting in person compared to the past. However, it enables us to work everywhere. Some countries take advantage of this method. For example, Japan and the United States, for example, are completely opposite in time. When Japan is day time, we work for eight or ten hours, and when we finish work, Americans start working intermittently. Therefore, people can use time effectively. Furthermore, modern technology has realized complete transportation, so we can eat many countries’ cuisines in Japan.

Second, our nature has been deteriorating at a rapid speed. During the industrial revolution, many countries discharged a great deal of harmful emissions into the atmosphere, which destroyed our planet. Climate change and air pollution are two of the biggest issues in the world. Thanks to progress in our intelligence or technology, we can revitalize the environment and mitigate the levels of pollution. Now, we cannot be blind to the fact that even we as individuals have contributed to this catastrophe. Therefore, we have a responsibility to restore our planet using our knowledge.

On a final note, modern technology enhances our lives and is a viable solution to mitigate environmental issues on our planet. That is why I absolutely agree that progress is always beneficial.

2 Likes

Throughout human history, people have invented a large number of products that make our lives more convenient. In other words, the use of technology is a part of our lives. Since the turn of the century, there have been great developments in many countries such as Japan, China and the United States. Some people may argue that technology does more harm than good because it endangers children and even adults. However, I believe that progress is always good for people and our nature. I have two reasons for this, which I will explain in the following essay.

First, thanks to modern technology, we can communicate with people everywhere, so we no longer need to meet in person. There is no denying that the possibility of meeting in person is less compared to the past. But it allows us to work anywhere. Some countries are taking advantage of this method. In Japan and the United States, for example, working hours are completely opposite. When it’s daytime in Japan, we work for eight or ten hours, and when we’re done working, Americans start working intermittently. Therefore, people can use time effectively. In addition, modern technology has created a complete transportation system, so we in Japan can enjoy the cuisine of many countries.

Second, our nature has deteriorated at a rapid pace. During the industrial revolution, many countries emitted a large amount of harmful emissions into the atmosphere, which have destroyed our planet. Climate change and air pollution are two of the world’s biggest problems. Thanks to the progress of our intelligence or technology, we can revive the environment and curb pollution. However, we cannot close our eyes to the fact that we as individuals have also contributed to this disaster. Therefore, we have the responsibility to restore our planet using our knowledge.

In conclusion, I would like to say that modern technology is improving our lives and is a viable solution to mitigate the environmental problems on our planet. Therefore, I absolutely agree that progress is always beneficial.

3 Likes

Thank you for every time!!

1 Like

Sure, you might want to check this out:

1 Like