Do think we can every get back to 'normal'?

As this Saturday is slowly moving to its peak I’d like to share with you some thoughts. Surely most of us are hoping to get their lives back - - we want to get back to normal. The question is if this is really possible. Will going back to normal really be a good idea? Or is there a much better future for us and future generations? Could it be that ‘the normal’ many of us are dreaming about got us into the current mess in the first place?

3 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I think that when this terrible crisis is over and people have learnt from it, there could be a much better future for us and future generations. I keep hoping people learn from all of this, because our first concern is our children; they have the right to a better future and above all happiness. When children are unhappy, their parents also are. I don’t have children but I can easily imagine what a parent must go through when their children are in pain. Why? Because I had a wonderful mother and grandmother who were always very concerned when I called them to tell them I was ill.
I came down with the flu once, when I lived in Antwerp. My mother drove all the way down there, just to be with me. As I prespired she called my doctor who said: ‘If the feaver doesn’t go down between today and tomorrow, I’ll have to take Marc the hospital.’ The fever went down, but my mother stayed at my place for two more days, just ensure that I was all right again.’ :blush:
When we make mistakes and were sorry to have made them, a simple apology won’t do. You have to show people that you learnt from your mistakes and will not repeat them again.

3 Likes

It’s me again, Torsten,

In my country people have been asked to burn a candle tonight at nine o’clock this everning, either in their garden, balcony or inside for all those who have died of Covid-19? Will you join us? I have no doubt that you will. Please, share this message.

5 Likes

Hey @Masme,

I’m sitting in the garden right now, and will light a candle at 9pm. Glad I read this just in time.

As for returning to normal, I’m hoping we come back better. This is making us all think about what really matters, so perhaps we’ll be less focused on quantity, volume, etc, and be more concerned with quality and depth.

Hopefully there’s a new normal of sorts!

4 Likes

Torsten, we will certainly have a very different world once we tide over this crisis. Our concept of life will considerably have changed by then. People are becoming aware of the need for being compassionate to the subhuman beings as well as Nature so that all live in harmony and coexistence. I am hopeful of better tomorrows!

By the way, we are also going to light a lamp or a candle to spread the light of unity and solidarity for nine minutes at 9 O’clock tonight (April 5, 2020).

3 Likes

That’s just wonderful Sean-C :+1:

1 Like

Anglophile that’s wonderful! :+1:

1 Like

Let us hope for the best by thinking everything would come to normal without expecting more on that. Let us light up Candle, Torch light, at 9.00 pm and 9 minutes hoping to destroy the covid-19.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. This is lovely. :+1:

1 Like

Definately, YES, Masme!

2 Likes

Here are the reasons why we can’t go back to ‘normal’ and why the COVID-19 is only the beginning of a series of pandemics caused by global warming.

2 Likes

Thank you, Kallimachos.

1 Like