Do people still get married?

Well, friends,

all the statistics in European countries and the experiences there show us that traditional marriages won’t have a great future. Life is changing all those things, and conventions cannot be kept for eternity.
I think we have to “crawl out” from our small families to the bigger family, and this is all of us. New structures will be created…
Marriage is good for state and government. If you marry you have to pay a lot of money which you can spend for more useful things or experiences. Some years later you will get divorced, and then you have to pay again. Divorce is also good for state and government. For lawyers and justice. Not for common people.
If I love a woman why shouldn’t I live with her a bit longer than only some weeks? Why shouldn’t I raise children with her? There’s no need for a certificate of the society or church.
And if children grow up among parents who do not talk to each other, it won’t help them anyway, let these parents be married or not.
Married people are easy to handle for the ruling system, unmarried ones not. That’s why government support way which lead into marriages again…
Think about this!
And have a nice evening,
Andreas

Andreas, do married people in Germany pay some sort of tax for being married?

Hi Bill,

Long time no see :slight_smile:

Here’s a deal – I’m an eligible bachelor, born in 1973 with lots of expedient experience in the serviceable department. You find me a virgin woman who’s willing to marry me (in white), and I’ll make you my best man :slight_smile:

Hello, Someone,

don’t try to misunderstand me. Everyone who marries, pays a big wedding party, pays a lot for rings, for gown, and even for all the administrative documents. This is a small price. The costs of divorce a higher, but I never would have them, if I was not married.

Have a good night,
Andreas

I have actually noticed a pattern in recent years with friends who have been living happily together for 20 years or more without a problem… then for some reason they get married - the whole vib just changes and they split up shortly after. Seen it happen a good few times.

My brother got married to his long term partner and I didn’t even know(they just went into the town hall together)
This was because children were talking in school asking other kids if their parents were married etc
My nervous 8 year old Nephew had asked my brother and he just replied yes.
When they realized it was a big deal to him they married a few days later in private.

Thats a cool reason for getting married - Christ we all know how hurtful kids can be

But other than that I would be more for just living and sharing respecting etc without the “Certificate” - Does that make sense?

Well, Andrew, if one wants to save money on the wedding party he can do it even if he officially draw up administrative documents.

Of course a wedding certificate doesn’t guarantee love forever. But it’s not intended to do this. Why are we trying to arrogate to the thing function which isn’t intended at all? The only purpose of a wedding certificate nowadays IMHO is solution of legal issues which arise when you live together, bear children and so on. Also it’s a symbolical threshold from one kind of living to another but no more than that. Times when the wedding was something like going to prison for lifelong period with no escape has gone. People who divorce after 20 years of living together and then getting married just do not know this fact, they are standing on the brink of falling apart and hope that wedding can fix things up.

Well, Someone,
you are right I guess. There are some subjects I do not like at all, but that’s a thing of feelings. Because I have been married for 30 years and raised 3 children, but after that we parted. Divorce is impossible for me in the moment, because it is too expensive.
And what they take for a “marriage certificate” - as much as I know - today is 10 times more than during GDR times. So I have my thoughts about that.

Have a nice day,
Andreas

I’m sorry for you Andrew. Hope your life sets up again.

Asking just out of curiosity. How much do they take in Germany for a marriage and a divorce?

What is your question about, Someone?
The charge of the certificate, or what? It is different in all the federal countries. My daughter paid about 80 Euros, I guess, but that was six years ago, in Sachsen (Saxonia). Concerning divorce I know that it depends on the value of your whole property. Then it is always some per cent of that for the court. The certificate of the divorce is “only” about 300 Euro, and it might be possible to get it via internet. (Maybe I would be able to pay just 300 Euro, but there are many other things which have priority, because they are really necessary!)
For me it doesn’t matter, because I guess, I will never marry again; and that’s way a certificated divorce is not important anyway. I am living parted from my wife - we both have agreed in doing so - and we won’t bother each other. Now I have got a lady-friend again, and it is an easy living without any blessings of state or church.

Have a nice day,
Andreas

I see. I thought that it’s just in my country government wants to push its hand as deep into the citizens’ pockets as it can. Fortunately they still didn’t come to what you say is in Germany. My wife’s parents divorced five years ago very easily without paying much.

Hello Alan,
I think nowadays people has change their minds, they prefer living together without being married, eventually it they have children, they try to regularize their position. By the way, I live in Italy. In the north of Italy people that get married are less than in the south of Italy, but if they get married they don’t spend too much money as in the south of Italy, eventough there are more jobs in the north than in the south.
Talking about marriages of people that have same sex… I think this kind of couples will increase in the coming years, but not too much countries accept this kind of marriage. A few days ago I was watching a program about couples of same sex, and they wanted to have children. I really don’t know how they will explain their children when they will grew up about their situation.
Tania

I’m from India, where people still get married. Marriage is ofcourse a great responsibility. There are so many good & bad times in married life & husband-wife paas those times together sometimes supporting each-other sometimes being mad with each-other. That’s how life goes on, isn’t it??? In my opinion, Marriage gives a reason to your life. You enjoy the life with your spouse & childrens living in boundaries(Marriage), which always for good.

Sorry!!!

Giving my opinion about marriages, I made a mistake, I wanted to talk in the second part about marriage between two people having the same sex.

Maddy

Hi there,
In my opinion, getting married is surely NOT becoming old-fashioned, it is absolutely necessary for 2 people who are deeply in love with each other to tie the knot! If they are not ready to do that, if there is any hesitation, maybe one of them is simply not that loving person? Maybe HE (I think it is hardly SHE) is just getting advantages of living together without taking any obligations and responsibilities? And after 5-7 years of that “comfortable” life there probably would be no marriage at all, because it is not a family - it is cohabitation.

Actually in Turkey,where I’m from, new generation not allow to marry.Want to live together without marriaged.

Yes, I still believe in marriage, but I tink that if you find the rigth person that is not matter if is man or a woman. love and respect is wath counts.

Hi,
Being married, marriage figures large in my value system as it can be considered a serious support and help. My husband and I share responsibilities in order to make this life easier, though I can’t say married life is a bed of roses. You have to work a lot on improvement of relationships and sometimes even a sacrifice takes place.
I agree with Kitos that if you feel you’re not ready you shouldn’t even think about it, for marriage is a great responsibility and we have to remember that someone’s fate depends on us. In my opnion married life is a difficult path in life, on the other hand being single, pretending forever young, seems not quite sensible. Nomadic lifestyle is not for me. Besides, I don’t quite understand women who live with men without quarantee, so to say, for decades. And I will never believe that they just don’t want to depend on something. Lame excuse, all women want be loved, desired, respected, protected what leads to marriage. And it is not a matter to be ashamed of - I think it’s one of our main instincts in this life. Therefore marriage will always be in vogue for me!
Best,

Hey. how can i met Sandra?

I believe that mariage is between man and woman, and should still like this in order to prevent our society from all new kinds of obsession. Society is set of families and family is a father, mother,and children gathering together to form a cell and this is our nature please don’t disturb our nature.

All people are getting married by keeping in their mind about life time security
and anything goes wrong moral support will be there. We will get good
name in our society. Once married their responsbiliity is increasing when
they become mother to two, three children, that they will feel like something
they have achieved. According to me, we can be happy even without child,
we should make up our mind to that level we both are children to each other.
In India, no one will get remarriage unless the reason is genuine.

I have no comments more than this.

Thank you

S.Shanthi