Do classmates affect a child's success in studies more than parents?

I agree, that child’s success in studies depends on classmates more, than it does on parents. I believe this because a child learn while he is at school more effectively, than he does at home. People whom the child meets at school thereby affect studies more, than those whom he meet at home.

First of all, one of the most important advantages in studying at school in comparison to studies at home, is that you can find experienced teachers there. However, it won’t help much if children they are studying are not listening to them. The class should be disciplined and respect the teacher. This respect depends not only on the teacher’s professional qualities, but also on children that are studying in the class.

In my opinion, in the most successful ideal class is the one where child’s classmates are good students who like to study. If, in contrary, his classmates think that math is not “cool” and they don’t want to have a “nerd” friend, the child would dislike studies too. He would most likely conclude, that playing sports is better than learning math, because those who play sports are loved by everyone, and those who study math don’t have any friends at all.

If the child’s classmates like studying a particular subject, the common interest can encourage the child to study better. Such classmates can help each other studying a subject they like. For example, if the child missed a class in school because of illness, his friend can tell him what they have learned the day he was absent. If it was the science class, for example, the friend can explain him how to solve a problem they discussed. If that was the literature class, the friend can bring the book they were said to read, so they would be able to study together.

In the conclusion, though parents can help their child with studies, his attitude towards studying in school is essential for him to succeed. This attitude is affected by what his friends think more, than by what his parents tell him every day.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the young woman sit in the rear seat of the car?

I agree, that A child’s success in studies depends on classmates more, than it does on parents. I believe this because a child WILL learn while he is at school more effectively, than he does at home. People whom the child meets at school thereby affect studies more, than those whom he meetS at home.

First of all, one of the most important advantages in studying at school in comparison to studies at home, is that you can find experienced teachers there. However, it won’t help much if children they are studying are not listening to them. The class should be disciplined and respect the teacher. This respect depends not only on the teacher’s professional qualities, but also on children that are studying in the class.

In my opinion, in the most successful ideal class is the one where A child’s classmates are good students who like to study. If, ON THE CONTRARY contrary, his classmates think that math is not “cool” and they don’t want to have a “nerd” friend, the child would dislike studies too. He would most likely conclude, that playing sports is better than learning math, because those who play sports are loved by everyone, and those who study math don’t have any friends at all.

If the child’s classmates like studying a particular subject, the common interest can encourage the child to study better. Such classmates can help each other studying a subject they like. For example, if the child missed a class in school because of illness, his friend can tell him what they have learned the day he was absent. If it was the science class, for example, the friend can explain him how to solve a problem they discussed. If that was the literature class, the friend can bring the book they were said to read, so they would be able to study together.

In the conclusion, though parents can help their child with studies, his attitude towards studying in school is essential for him to succeed. This attitude is affected by what his friends think more, than by what his parents tell him every day.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Very good Lenazh.

KItos. 9/10

Thanks for your help, Kitosdad :slight_smile:
I have my exam on 22th of May and I am so nervous about this. Though I prepared for some time before, there are still a lot of topics that I’ve no idea what to write on.

The way you write you should have no fear my friend. Two or three ideas. Write each idea to its conclusion. Sum up with an all-embracing short paragraph. Easy-peasy.