Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad/working abroad.

TOPIC
“Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad/working abroad for a period of time”

The first advantage of studying abroad would be the motivation to learn a new language or improving your existing language knowledge. Living in a new any country, whether studying or working, you are not able to get by with your mother language therefore; you are forced to learn that country’s language. Consequently, studying abroad improves quickest student’s skills in speaking new language and indeed learns more of that language. Other benefit of studying abroad would be the experiencing a different culture. Getting to know a new country where you are staying, seeing a different way of life and experiencing the way other people do things such as the way they talk and behave would encourage and nurture one’s independence as well as equip the student with resourcefulness needed to be self-sufficient in a foreign country. Moreover, the common reason for people to choose a foreign country to study is gaining education of high quality and enlarging their knowledge span. Apart from that, it would be look good on your CV thanks to the studying abroad because of all the reasons above.

I could say that only two disadvantages of studying or working abroad would be homesickness and expensive cost of living and fee. However, theses difficulties can be overcame. If you have decision to go aboard for studying, I am sure you already have plans to deal with your finance. As we know “the world is flat” which means transportation and communication between different countries becomes much easier. Therefore, even though you are living apart from people close to you, you still can contact with them everyday via Internet or telephone calls.

To sum up, there is always the co-existence of advantages and disadvantages when you decide to study abroad. However, it is well worth doing

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of American History

Hi everyone!

I am a new member of this site. I did posted 3 essays of mine to be checked. But I still have not gotten any feedback yet. Just curious and hurry. Can someone share me something relate?

Thanks and nice day :smiley:

MY, a good essay. If I were to criticise, I would only be nit-picking. Well done.

Kitos.

Hi Kitosdad,

Kindly edit my essay and also let me know how do I start and end with - Thanks Hema

When people feel there is no proper facility in their country to study further or to build up careers in a better way then they decide to go to abroad for further studies or for their career growth. There are advantages and disadvantages in studying / working in abroad.

Advantages:
Firstly after studying in abroad, the person will be able to set up or introduce new technology in their business. Will be able to literate their family members and people around them.

Person employed in foreign will be paid much better than in his own country. He will be able to help his family. This leads his family to improve their poverty line. He can improve his status in the society. He can also help needy people.

Disadvantages:
Students who are studying abroad are not secured enough. They will be raged by other students. When they are in some trouble nobody will be beside them to help. They will not able to express feeling to their parents. In case of any emergencies they can’t travel down immediately to their country because the cost of traveling is expensive. They can’t attend any family function or any occasions. The cultures and tradition is different from each country so they can’t follow their country’s tradition or culture.

Working Abroad is also the same problem as I mentioned above. When a person is working he should depart his family members (parents, brothers & Sisters). He can’t be beside them in any emergencies, he should depend on his relative or friends to help his family members and also he can’t work peacefully. He would be able to meet his family members only once in a year / two years. He will not be able follow his country’s culture as it would look embarrassed because each country’s culture will be different. He has to get accustomed to the lifestyle, food etc.

When people feel there is no proper facility in their country to study further or to build up careers in a better way, then they decide to go to abroad for further studies, or for their career growth. There are advantages and disadvantages in studying / working in abroad.

Advantages:
Firstly after studying abroad, the person will be able to set up or introduce new technology in(to) their business. (They) will be able to literate their family members and people around them.

(A) person employed in (a) foreign (country) will be paid much better than in (their) own country.
(They) will be able to help (their) family. This leads (their) family to improve their poverty line. (They) can improve (their) status in the society. (They) can also help (other) needy people.

Disadvantages:
Students who are studying abroad (might not feel) secure enough. They will be (en)raged by other students.
When they (find themselves in) trouble nobody will be beside them to help.
They will not (be) able to express (their) feeling(s) to their parents (as they could at home.)

In case of any emergencies they can’t travel immediately to their country because the cost of travelling is expensive.
They can’t attend any family function(s) or (special) occasions.
The cultures and tradition (are) different (for) each country so they can’t follow their country’s tradition or culture.

Working abroad (also involves) the same problem(s) as I mentioned above.
When a person is working he (has to leave) his family members (parents, brothers & sisters).
He can’t be beside them in any emergencies, he (has to) depend on his relative(s) or friends to help his family members, and he can’t work peacefully.
He (will only) be able to meet his family members once in a year / two years.
He will not be able follow his country’s culture as it would (appear) embarrass(ing), because each country(ies) culture will be different.
He has to get accustomed to the (different) lifestyle, food etc.

“Person employed in foreign will be paid much better than in his own country. He will be able to help his family. This leads his family to improve their poverty line. He can improve his status in the society. He can also help needy people.”

When the gender of the person is not made clear, then you should use “they”.

Kitos.