Discuss the Advantages and Disadvantages of Living in the Countryside

There are both benefits and drawbacks when living in the countryside. On one hand, there are many benefits of living in the suburb.Rural areas bring me the peace and comfort, which is breathed fresh air and enjoy an ocean view everyday. Living here helps me to avoid the noise from vehicles such as motorbikes or car and traffic jam at the rush hour, which can make me comfortable. In addition ,the pace of life is slower than the big city. I can less stressful and have more time to relax or stay healthier. However, I believe that living in the countryside is more likely to involve harmful impacts.One downside of living here is unfavorable conditions. Medical care is less well-equipped . Many children do not have access to modern facilities . This can lead to poverty and disease. Another disadvantages are that the standard of living are much lower so you will feel it difficult to have job opportunity and in search of a better life. Although there is no denying that **it seems to me that living in the countryside have both advantages & disadvantages . I recommended that living in the rural areas because country life is very peaceful and silent .

2 Likes

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum! I enjoyed reading your essay.
I think you addressed the prompt well, as you gave both the advantages and disadvantages of rural life. I especially liked your specific examples. That said, your essay is very basic, both in development and in vocabulary. First, you need to make sure to divide your writing into paragraphs. You should have an introduction, two or three body paragraphs, (two body paragraphs are usually enough} and a conclusion paragraph. Make sure to develop your introduction a little more by stating what the topic is and why it is important, then stating the controversy or differing of opinion, and then finishing with your thesis, which is the only sentence you have included in your introduction. Here are some other specific suggestions:

4 Likes

Thanks Luschen
I practice to write essay everyday but My vocabulary is too little to write . How do you learn new vocabulary ?

3 Likes

I suggest you read a lot and create your own personal dictionary.

2 Likes

I agree with Torsten; magazines like National Geographic and newspapers like The New York Times use good vocabulary. I also recommend npr.org - a radio website that also includes transcripts of its reports. If you like current events, breakingnewsenglish.com , http://www.onestopenglish.com/skills/news-lessons/monthly-topical-news-lessons/ , and https://www.newsinslowenglish.com/ are all sites that I have used.

3 Likes

I have just edited my essay
could you revise my essay?

There are both benefits and drawbacks when living in the countryside. On one hand, there are many merit of living in the suburbs. Rural areas give me the feeling of cozy and comfort. This is because I can enjoy a great deal of fresh air from an ocean view on a daily basis. Besides, I do not have to be disturbed by the annoying noise from various kinds of vehicles s and particularly the traffic congestion in rush hours. . In addition, The pace of life in the countryside is much slower compared to that in the metropolises. The workload is less heavy, therefore, I feel less stressful and have more time to relax and take care of myself. However, I believe that living in the countryside is more likely to involve harmful impacts.One downside of living far from the city center is the unfavorable conditions. Medical care is not well-equipped.Many people are not capable of having access to modern facilities and are likely to suffer from to poverty and diseases. Another disadvantage is the living standards are much lower so you will find it difficult to seek for a well-paid job as well as modern conveniences. Although there is no denying that living in the countryside have both advantages & disadvantages. It is suggested living in the rural areas because of above-mentioned benefits

2 Likes

Can you please edit this essay by subdividing it into paragraphs? Then I promise to check it again!

1 Like

There are both benefits and drawbacks when living in the countryside.
On one hand, there are many merit of living in the suburbs. Rural areas give me the feeling of cozy and comfort. This is because I can enjoy a great deal of fresh air from an ocean view on a daily basis. Besides, I do not have to be disturbed by the annoying noise from various kinds of vehicles s and particularly the traffic congestion in rush hours. . In addition, The pace of life in the countryside is much slower compared to that in the metropolises. The workload is less heavy, therefore, I feel less stressful and have more time to relax and take care of myself.

However, I believe that living in the countryside is more likely to involve harmful impacts.One downside of living far from the city center is the unfavorable conditions. Medical care is not well-equipped.Many people are not capable of having access to modern facilities and are likely to suffer from to poverty and diseases. Another disadvantage is the living standards are much lower so you will find it difficult to seek for a well-paid job as well as modern conveniences.

Although there is no denying that living in the countryside have both advantages & disadvantages. It is suggested living in the rural areas because of above-mentioned benefits

2 Likes

Hi, this one had much fewer errors. Here are my suggestions:

2 Likes