Dictation 4: Can you write down what you hear?

Please write down what you hear.

1 Like

There is a rug on the floor in the living room. Hey, have you ever sweep something under the rug. We just kidding. You can learn more idioms at english .best.

1 Like

Please check the verb again. “Have you ever sweep” doesn’t work.

2 Likes

There is a rug on the floor in the living. Hey, Have every swept something under the rug. Just kidding.

3 Likes

Emm, interesting question. Most often yes, but there are cases when it can be several spelling. But I cant detect English words from songs, how about you?

2 Likes

There is a rug on the floor in the living room. Hey, Have you ever swept something under the rug?

3 Likes

I’m sorry. It is swept (The past participle) as Elle wrote.

3 Likes

During the walk on the floor living room, hey have you ever left something under the rug, just kidding, you can learn more idioms at english.best

2 Likes

Can we actually call it PAST participle these days? I suspect.
Modern grammar labels it as Passive PERFECTIVE PARTICIPLE, and the other as Active PROGRESSIVE PARTICIPLE because these forms can be used both in PAST and PRESENT tense constructions as illustrated below.
The letter was written (past)
The letter is written. (present)
He is writing the letter. (present)
He was writing the letter.(past)

I think the modern terms are more logical and appropriate.

Why not have a debate on it, @Torsten!

3 Likes

there is a rug on the floor and the livingroom. Eh have you ever swept something under the rug? Just kidding. you can learn more idioms at the english.best

3 Likes

Thank you very much, Sir Anglophile.

1 Like

There’s a rug on the floor in the living
room. Hey, have you ever swept something under the rug? Just kidding You can learn more idioms at english.best

3 Likes

There is a rug on the floor in the living room.

2 Likes