Dictation 3: Can you write down what you hear?

Can you write the sentence you hear in this audio recording?

2 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have ever read.

3 Likes

By the way, you can read lots of funny stories at english.best :wink:

2 Likes

Please share a link :grin:

2 Likes

Here are you are: A day in the life of a parliamentary candidate

2 Likes

By the way, in Russian it will be:
Это самая смешная книга, которую я когда-либо читала.

Much longer than in English :thinking:

2 Likes

Das ist das lustigste Buch, was ich je gelesen habe. Also longer than the English version :wink:

What’s interesting about this sentence is that the German version would be ‘Es ist das lustigste Buch…’ rather than ‘Das ist das lustigste Buch…’ but this sounds very strange.

2 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have ever read by the way you can read los of funny stories on English.best

3 Likes

𝗜𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱. 𝗕𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵.𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁

3 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have ever read. By the way, you can read lots of funny stories on english.best.

2 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have (they have) ever read. by the way you can read lots of funny stories on english.best.

2 Likes

I needed to write a message to a person whose name was known to me, however, the first name was very unusual, and it was impossible to tell whether it was a male or a female one. So I began my letter with ‘Dear Sir/Madam’ with subsequent apologises about this manner of addressing and confessions that I didn’t know.

3 Likes

You probably mean ‘apologies’?

You could have simply written “Dear NAME”,…

2 Likes