Dictation 3: Can you write down what you hear?

Can you write the sentence you hear in this audio recording?

2 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have ever read.

3 Likes

By the way, you can read lots of funny stories at english.best :wink:

2 Likes

Please share a link :grin:

2 Likes

Here are you are: A day in the life of a parliamentary candidate

2 Likes

By the way, in Russian it will be:
ะญั‚ะพ ัะฐะผะฐั ัะผะตัˆะฝะฐั ะบะฝะธะณะฐ, ะบะพั‚ะพั€ัƒัŽ ั ะบะพะณะดะฐ-ะปะธะฑะพ ั‡ะธั‚ะฐะปะฐ.

Much longer than in English :thinking:

2 Likes

Das ist das lustigste Buch, was ich je gelesen habe. Also longer than the English version :wink:

Whatโ€™s interesting about this sentence is that the German version would be โ€˜Es ist das lustigste Buchโ€ฆโ€™ rather than โ€˜Das ist das lustigste Buchโ€ฆโ€™ but this sounds very strange.

2 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have ever read by the way you can read los of funny stories on English.best

3 Likes

๐—œ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—œ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ. ๐—•๐˜† ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜†, ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ป๐˜† ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—˜๐—ป๐—ด๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต.๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜

3 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have ever read. By the way, you can read lots of funny stories on english.best.

2 Likes

It is the funniest book that I have (they have) ever read. by the way you can read lots of funny stories on english.best.

2 Likes

I needed to write a message to a person whose name was known to me, however, the first name was very unusual, and it was impossible to tell whether it was a male or a female one. So I began my letter with โ€˜Dear Sir/Madamโ€™ with subsequent apologises about this manner of addressing and confessions that I didnโ€™t know.

3 Likes

You probably mean โ€˜apologiesโ€™?

You could have simply written โ€œDear NAMEโ€,โ€ฆ

2 Likes