Dictation 2: Can you write down what you hear?

Can you type the sentence you hear?

2 Likes

English for buying at Dodo (wrong) monster (hesitating spelling error), your product will be mailed in one or (hesitating error) two business days. Have a nice day. Hey, did you know you can find lots of business English (missed word) excercises on english.best.

I turned on the audio many times. It is a very difficult test. I used google translator, too.

I need many more of this test. It is very nice.

Many thanks

2 Likes

The firm has expanded and they need extra staff.

2 Likes

Thanks for buying at building monster your product will mild in one to two business days have a nice day.

2 Likes

Things for buying at biuld_minster. Your product will be mailed one -two business day.
Did you know you can find lots of business English exercises on English . Best .
Have a nice day

2 Likes

I too feel it difficult to understand her accent, even though I have written here what I could hear from the audio recording. Eng. for buying monster your product, Wednesday, have a nice day. You can find a lot of business in two business days.

1 Like

I understand why this one is difficult for ESL speakers. The speaker is using a made up product name. It’s a hyphenated noun used as a product name. The individual words are known words, but the hyphenated product name is not something anyone has heard of. Native speakers have never heard of it either, since it’s made up just for this exercise.

Imagine 20 years ago if someone said, “I am listening to you tube.” It wouldn’t have made any sense because no one had ever heard of YouTube because it’s a made up word.

While this dictation might be difficult because of the made up word, you are given a hint with, “Thanks for buying a…”.
You know this will be followed by a product name.

2 Likes