Diary: the last hope

After a series of accidents that just do not bode well, my parents made the decision to cancel our trip to Tibet this Summer. It seems like our big family has run over a black cat, bad luck started to spiral since ten days ago when my eldest aunt (elder sister of my mum), Hua, got her wallet stolen on the bus.
After heard the news, uncle Su (the husband of my mum’s little sister) drived to pick her up at the police office where she insisted on reporting the case to the policemen. Whereas uncle Su is well-recognized by his cautious and reserved driving style, he caused an small traffic accident and hit a man on the road. My uncle Li ( Hua’s husband) almost went through the same thing when he was driving his motorbicycle on a winding mountain road. Suddenly, an old man showed up from out of nowhere. He instinctively ran the motorbicycle off the roadway and then crashed into a mountain gully. He then felt a strong but abonormal splanchnic pain and went to the hospital for an inspection, where he was diagonised with pneumonia.
We were stunned at the news. My aunt Hua cried her eyes out.
In the following days, I was struggling in mixed feelings of shock, despair and disbelief. I could vividly remember how healthy and strong he was last time when he came to my home, and how the color of his tanned muscles shined under the pendant lamp. He was sitting around the dinner table, chatting and laughing, enjoying the wondeful mealtime with us.
How? How can an incredibly strong man collapse during the blink of the eye?
Why is he? He was kind and cheerful, and he was part of her hope for life.
My aunt lived a tough life for 47 years and never did she catch a break. She was born the eldest sister and traditionally had the responsibility to give her sisters and brothers the bigger piece. As my mother recalled, aunt Hua would step back and give up everything for benefits of her sisters, pretty dolls, new clothes, one of the several lumps of rice in famine, the chance to obtain college eductaion, and the list will go on.
She married a man two months younger than her. They earn little money but have heavy economic burden of the education for two children, who have only the last semester to finish from graduating from their universities and starting looking for a job and living on their own, which she thought will settle everything down and put an end to her worries for future and her drudging days for all these years.
However, they seem to continue.
My uncle is going to receive chemotherapy next week, which is said to be unbearably painful and harmful to health by side effects. All of us insisted in he receiving a series of treatments, which costs more than 9000 RMB for each, as we still believe there is some chance that he would be cured after the treatment and another resection surgery, while he rejected the idea and wanted to go home. “I don’t study any more if you don’t receive the treatment! ” His son warned.
In China, education is the only way as well as the last hope for famers’ families to change the fate of their own or their children and to get rid of poverty. Parents exhauted themselves in hard work day and night to pay for the tuitions. They devoted their lives for that.
Then he finally agreed to fight for the last chance.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the main weakness of the student’s essay?

After a series of accidents that just do not bode well, my parents made the decision to cancel our trip to Tibet this Summer. It seems like our big family has run over a black cat, bad luck started to spiral since ten days ago when my eldest aunt (elder sister of my mum), Hua, got her wallet stolen on the bus.
After heardING the news, uncle Su (the husband of my mum’s little sister) DROVE to pick her up at the police office where she insisted on reporting the case to the policemen. Whereas uncle Su is well-recognized by his cautious and reserved driving style, he caused A small traffic accident and hit a man on the road. My uncle Li ( Hua’s husband) almost went through the same thing when he was driving his motor-bicycle on a winding mountain road. Suddenly, an old man showed up from out of nowhere. He instinctively ran the motor-bicycle off the roadway and then crashed into a mountain gully. He then felt a strong but abonormal splanchnic pain and went to the hospital for an EXAMINATION, where he was DIAGNOSED with pneumonia.
We were stunned at the news. My aunt Hua cried her eyes out.
In the following days, I was struggling WITH mixed feelings of shock, despair and disbelief. I could vividly remember how healthy and strong he was THE last time when he came to my home, and how the color of his tanned muscles SHONE under the pendant lamp. He was sitting around the dinner table, chatting and laughing, enjoying the wondeRful mealtime with us.
How? How can an incredibly strong man collapse IN the blink of the eye?
Why is he? He was kind and cheerful, and he was part of her hope for life.
My aunt lived a tough life for 47 years and never did she catch a break. She was born the eldest sister and traditionally had the responsibility to give her sisters and brothers the bigger piece. As my mother recalled, aunt Hua would step back and give up everything for THE benefit of her sisters, pretty dolls, new clothes, one of the several lumps of rice in famine, the chance to obtain A college EDUCATION, and the list will GOES on.
She married a man two months younger than her. They earn little money but have THE heavy economic burden of the education for two children, who have only the last semester to finish from graduating from their universities and starting looking for a job and living on their own, which she thought will settle everything down and put an end to her worries for future and her drudging days for all these years.
However, they seem to continue.
My uncle is going to receive chemotherapy next week, which is said to be unbearably painful and harmful to health BECAZSE OF ITS side effects. All of us insisted THAT he receiving a series of treatments, which costs more than 9000 RMB for each, as we still believe there is some chance that he would be cured after the treatment and another resection surgery, while he rejected the idea and wanted to go home. “I don’t study any more if you don’t receive the treatment! ” His son warned.
In China, education is the only way as well as the last hope for famers’ families to change the fate of their own or their children, and to get rid of poverty. Parents exhauSted themselves in hard work day and night to pay for the tuitions. They devoted their lives for that.
Then he finally agreed to fight for the last chance.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Very good Sally.

Kitos. 8/10

Thank you. Kitos.

What a structure! A little bit confused and eye-strained!
CA.

I agree that the structure as well as my elaboration on my ideas need improvement. Actually it’s just a diary which cannot be rigidly defined as an essay, but I appreciate Kito’s corrections and comments from you that give me opportunities to learn. Thanks.