Cutting the grass ... a piece of cake?

Not for me! I mean, mewing the green in the garden can be a hard work sometimes, escpecially if the ground isn?t even. But when I cut the grass to let it dry for hay, I?m used to do it very carefully. The matter of that are the animals that are breeding and having the rising generation on your meadow. Ducks and rabbits and most other animals will escape when they hear your clattering machines, not so do fawns. Fawns try to hide at their place where they lay and behave quiet. And if you aren?t careful you can cut them too. Fortunately, my traktor is an nearly 40 years old machine and have not much power, so that I?m used to drive very slowly ( sometimes there is a snail distancing me, greeting me kindly :lol: ) and I have the chance to see the fawn?s places. Last year I rescued two fawns and this year there wasn?t one. There only have been laying a dead doe, which must have had an accident a few weeks ago on the near street. You can believe me that I?m happy every year, when I have finished the cut. And when the hay is ready and my horses like it, I?m enthusiasmized every year again and I think: It?s a wonderful feeling having made the hay!

Michael

Mewing the garden? Well I support you might, if your using a traktor? Was this posted as game of who can spot the errors? Anyway I have revived it from 2006 so our students can spot and list all the errors in spelling. Thanks!

Hello Goldhat,

glad you liked it. It wasn´t intended as a game. I often posted such essays in the hope of receiving correction. Perhaps you let us/me know some suggestions.

Hi Foah,

I’m sure that you have now improved to the oint where you could easily find a lot of the errors in that passage yourself.

Hello beesneees,

you´re right, I yet found many. Actually, I blushed reading my essay.

Anyway, what I meant was: I´d love to read it corrected and rewritten. Just in order to see if it was understandable at all.

Hi,

How about this:

Not for me! I mean, mOwing the green/GRASS in the garden can be hard work sometimes, especially if the ground isn’t even. But when I cut the grass to let it dry for hay, I’m used to doING (I USUALLY DO IT) it very carefully. The REASON FOR that IS THAT animals are breeding and RAISING THE NEXT generation on your meadow. Ducks and rabbits and most other animals will escape when they hear your clattering machines, IT’S not so WITH fawns. Fawns try to hide IN THE place where they LIE/SLEEP and behave quietLY. And if you aren’t careful you MAY cut them, too. Fortunately, my traCtor is nearly 40 years old and DOESN’T HAVE much power, so that I USUALLY drive very slowly ( sometimes there is a snail AVOIDING me, greeting me kindly :lol: ) and I have the chance to see the fawn’s places/WHERE THE FAWNS LIVE. Last year I rescued two fawns and this year there wasn’t one. There WAS ONLY ONE DOE LYING dead , which must have had an accident a few weeks BEFORE IN THE nearBY street. You can WELL believe me that I’m happy every year, when I have finished CUTTING/MOWING. And when the hay is ready and my horses like it, I BECOME ENTHUSIASTIC every year again and I think: It’s a wonderful feeling having made the hay!

Alan

Your wish is my command, Oh, Long-Standing one.

[color=darkblue]Cutting the Grass… a Piece of Cake?
Not for me! I mean, mowing the green patch in the garden can be hard work sometimes, escpecially if the ground isn’t even. However, when I cut the grass to let it dry for hay, I’m used to doing it very carefully (I have to do it… would be better if it’s something you still do). I try to take into account the matter of the animals that are breeding in the meadow and feel a responsibility towards the generations of wildlife that are being raised there. Ducks and rabbits and most other animals will escape when they hear your clattering machine, but not so fawns. Fawns try to hide in place, where they lie still and are quiet. This means that if you aren’t careful you can cut them too. Fortunately, my tractor is nearly 40 years old and does not have much power, so I’m used to driving very slowly (sometimes there is a snail outdistancing me, greeting me kindly :lol: ) and I have the chance to see the fawns’ hiding places. Last year I rescued two fawns and this year there wasn’t one. There was only a dead doe, which must have had an accident a few weeks earlier on the nearby street. You can believe me that I’m happy every year, when I have finished the cut. Then when the hay is ready and my horses like it, I’m enthusiasmized enthused (or 'left feeling enthusiastic) and I think: It’s a wonderful feeling having made the hay!

I must say I love the word ‘enthusiasmized’. It doesn’t exist - but it ought to!