COVID-19 is only the beginning (from Russia with love....)

The following article by Jasmin Fox-Skelly was published by the BBC on May 4, 2017. So, for many years scientists have been warning politicians that global warming is causing viruses like COVI-19 to start thriving and wrecking havoc. This is exactly what I mean when I say that every single literate person is responsible for the unfolding chaos of which COVID-19 is only the beginning. As long as allow people like Trump and Johnson to run our countries we are the ones to blame.

5 Likes

Really frightening, Torsten! You should have waited till we got over the current crisis!

3 Likes

Yes, Anglophile it is frightening, very, very frightening.

3 Likes

Torsten, I donā€™t want to be negative, but our politicians probably left the matter to be treated for another day, or perhaps they swept it under the carpet. They seem to ignore crucial issues like that, to say the least of it. :rage:

2 Likes

Torsten, I agree with you to some extent that we are the ones to blame, allowing people like Trump and Johnson to rule our countries. Yet, I will never vote and have never done so for people like that. Last year on May 26th I was horrified that the majority of the people in Flanders had voted for Vlaams Belang. The prospect of that party ruling our country filled me with disgust. Up till now, it hasnā€™t happened.

2 Likes

Charles, Iā€™m afraid we all have been waiting way too long. Isnā€™t it high time we finally took some action? Inaction it a weapon of mass destruction.

3 Likes

Yeah, I heard about this! We live in a world that is changing very quickly now! One day at a time everyone!!!

4 Likes

Yes, Torsten, inaction is like indifference which is an accomplice to the crime. So, it is high time we woke up from our slumber and became more conscious of and responsible for the sustenance of this planet.

3 Likes

That is correct. Inaction and ignorance are the root of all evil, including fascism. Every sadistic and cruel dictator is opposed by millions or even billions of people who believe they can do nothing against injustice, and with this belief in their own powerlessness they legitimize the tyranny of every brutal regime. We Germans in particular have often demonstrated this connection.

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised to see this thread being reopened by the originator himself after a long lapse of two years.
Well, Torsten, as you speak of Germans, I am sorry that we are reminded of Hitler, the notorious Nazi dictator of Germany, recorded in history as the unparalleled perpetrator of tyranny and injustice. The ā€˜reign of terrorā€™ unleashed by him has marred the pages of world history of the 20th century!
Incidentally, @Torsten, today, November 17, is the International Students Day!
(Edited)

3 Likes