Could you please clarify the meaning of " I have nothing to do with you&quot

Hi,

I have some questions to ask about the meaning of " I have nothing to do with you" from the below message.

There is no issue; there is no problem; there is no fight; there is no big decision to be made.

I do not understand what this is even about right now… because there is nothing wrong. You know I have some major things going on that [color=blue]have nothing to do with you, so why be like this, especially at this time?

Please kindly help to clarify and confirm that I understand it correctly or not?

I got some meaning from other site and they said it mean ;

"It means that they don’t want to be your boyfriend, girlfriend, friend, or relative. It means that they don’t want to see you, talk to you, hear from you or communicate with you in anyway. They don’t want to know you at all. "

the other site said, "have nothing to do with you means " not to be involved in something, it is not your responsibility.

Thank you very much in advance.

“things going on that have nothing to do with you” means things happening that do not concern you, things that are not your business.

I think you are mixing up “things that have nothing to do with you” with expressions like “I want nothing to do with you”. The latter means “I don’t want to see you, talk to you or hear from you”.

Hi Dozy,

Thank you very much for your clarification. So the meaning of “have nothing to do with you” in example sentense which I showed, It did not mean in the negative way?

It’s possible to use “have nothing to do with you” neutrally, just as a statement of fact. In practice, though, it usually tends to have negative connotations. It’s not exactly warm and welcoming.