Could you correct this essay and rate it? thank you

1. Some international students choose American roommates. Others choose roommates from their own countries. Compare the advantages of having an American roommate with the advantages of having a roommate from your country. Which kind of roommate would you prefer? Why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

The choosing of the accommodation is a challenging decision for every international student who want to study abroad. First, every student could decide to live in a single or in a double room in the dormitory or to share an apartment outside the campus. In addition to this, an international student has also to choose if living with an American roommate or with someone from his own country: among all the decisions about the accommodation, this is one of the most puzzling for many students. There are indeed, several differences between one choice and the other one, with very different advantages that are necessary to be clearly analyzed before taking the decision.
On the one hand, living with an American student has a relevant effect in improving your language ability. This is due to the constant interaction with the other language that the foreign student has to face every day, from the breakfast to the discussion of what kind of movie they want to see after dinner. In this way, having a full contact 24 hours a day, the language’s knowledge enhances quickly. In addition to this, an American student can help to better understand the policies and rules in the country itself, without wasting time and avoiding misunderstandings. For example, if a student has a problem with some fees and he wants to have a loan to afford his taxes or just to know when the deadline is, this student would need some information that an American student should know, just because he has lived in that country for more time than the other one.
On the other hand, a student from the same country could encourage the dialogue and make the student feel like at his own home. This could be really useful during the first period of living, when the student don’t know many people, doesn’t have many friends and could feel a sort of nostalgic loneliness due to the distance from his own home. In addition to this, roommates from the same country may probably have the same culture and they could share more of their own lives and habits.
In my view, I would choose an American student because I think that this would be the best way to try a different experience and to really get deeper in the other culture. In this way I would improve more the knowledge of the language and I’d take less time to learn it: this would help me also during the lessons and in the interaction with the others.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university professors

Hi, I think your essay is very good. You have addressed the topic correctly. Your writing is clear, although you have a few errors here and there and a few awkward sounding sentences. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.

thank you Mr. Luschen for your reply and for your corrections.
I really appreciate all your suggestions.
I’ll pay attention about contractions.
Thank you againg and again.