Content plan January -- April 2023

Hi Andrea,

I use ā€˜Audacityā€™ to record messages. You can download it free. Itā€™s an excellent programme. I even mixed some tracks I played on my saxophone. Itā€™s really great. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Torsten,

I use ā€˜Audacityā€™. Read my reply to Andrea.

2 Likes

@Masme Thanks, Marc. I used Audacity in the UK when I was teaching. I know it very well. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Great, oh and Iā€™ve given everyone a little present. See ā€˜Some moral supportā€¦ā€™ I think you especially will like it very much. And remember ā€˜The Sun Will Shine Againā€™, Frida (Abba) sings. Enjoy it. :heart:

3 Likes

Yes, letā€™s build bridges, Torsten!

3 Likes

@Torsten Youā€™re welcome :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @tim_m!
Your 10 new test are online:

Thank you! :nerd_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @Natalia_Polteva :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Tim, just sharing the transcript the group has created within a couple of minutesā€¦

Hello everyone,
my name is Tim, iā€™m originally from the United States and iā€™ve spent the last 4 years teaching english as a second language in Thailand. In my free time i talked myself in Thai because i know it would be useful for me speaking with locals who couldnā€™t english themselves. When I first started learning Thai, I knew I had my work cut out for me because i struggled learning spanish in high school. I really had a hard time with the thai language at first and can remember really being afraid of making mistakes and speaking with the locals. But i think this where we all do most of the learning through our mistakes. In fact, it may be nearly impossible to learn a language without exploring and discovering how it can and canā€™t be used. So my advice to all of you: is donā€™t be afraid to mess up, to misspeak, to be misunderstood and this is just part of the long process of mastering a language and as IT professionals take advantage of the opportunities that you have, to practice your english and do the activities that make learning languages enjoyable to you, whatever pursuit your interests and learning style. So I wish you all success in your language Learning and good luck.

5 Likes

Hi @Andrea!
Your new test is online:

Thank you :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

@Natalia_Polteva Thanks :hugs: :hibiscus:

2 Likes

Hi @Leonika!
Your 3 new tests are online:

Thank you! :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, how have you been doing lately? What do you make of this short article by Jennifer Lille? https://english.best/reading/articles/Valuable_Skills_You_Can_Learn_Online_To_Become_Better_Freelancer/

2 Likes

Hi @Andrea!
Your new test is online:

Thank you :grin::+1:

3 Likes

@Natalia_Polteva Thanks :wink: :hugs:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, how are you?
@Torsten, here are a few topics Iā€™d like to cover. Please let me know what you think!

1. How to Get a Job in Blockchain
  2. Token Economies and COVID-19
  3. Upcoming Bitcoin Halving: What You Should Know
  4. Blockchainā€™s Wheat Trade Deal
  5. Becoming Money: Stablecoins vs Ethereum
3 Likes

Hi Sumejja, yes these topics are very interesting and I look forward to working with you again. Letā€™s discuss details tomorrow.

Stay safe,
Torsten

3 Likes

Hi all! I love this idea, Iā€™ll make sure to add my own recording soon, Thatā€™s a great approach to exercise! I can attest to the fact that my own English picked up considerably after I started talking to people, out loud, especially with foreigners!

6 Likes

Hello Harpreet, welcome to our forum. Thank you so much for all your support. We are looking forward to hearing your voice soon :wink:

4 Likes

Best - Very few times
Worst (cruelty - original nature etc) - All the times
Almost all the time these Progressive and Secular and Liberal Jouralists trying to create a wrong picture. Do not believe that blindly.
I worked as a Journalist in a Telugu new paper, so I know how these Parasites (Journalists) live

2 Likes