Content Creation Plan (CCP) 2021

Hi @Sumejja, questions for your latest are done :). @Claire I’ll send you some texts asap!

3 Likes

Thanks @Sean-C, perfect timing, and the questions look great as usual!

1 Like

Hi @Sumejja, I just shared my texts with you via Google Docs. Sorry it took a bit longer than I had anticipated.
@Sean-C, no worries. There’s no rush on my end.

2 Likes

Hi @Claire! Got them, thanks. And don’t worry, there’s no deadline :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Claire - I just finished your questions, sorry it took me so long! The texts were really entertaining, especially the one about Pleistocene Park. I wish I could actually see a live mammoth in my lifetime!

@Torsten, here are the next five topics I’d like to cover.

1. Planned Obsolescence: An Insidious Practice
  2. The Artificial Scarcity of Time
  3. Is Nestlé the Most Evil Corporation in the World?
  4. The Relationship Between UBI and Degrowth
  5. Why Not Green Growth?

Let me know what you think!

4 Likes

Thank you, @Sumejja! The questions look great. Please don’t apologize about the timing. Everything is fine. (:

3 Likes

@Sumejja, in the future if possible please do not use ‘all of the above’ as the correct answer option several times per text, especially if it’s the correct option in both cases and if it’s the fourth answer option. After two or three times any user understands that if ‘all of the above’ appears as the fourth answer option that this is the correct answer without having to read anything. Just click on ‘all of the above’ and you are done.

Many thanks.

2 Likes

All clear, thank you! That makes sense.

1 Like

Hi, @Torsten. What you mentioned to Sumejja brought up a question for me. When I write the texts I put the correct answer first every time, as that’s what a previous client asked me to do. Apparently they had an algorithm that randomized the answers before publishing them. Is it okay to carry on like this, or would you like me to do my best to distribute the correct answers randomly?

If it’s okay, it may be a few days before I get started with my next batch of texts, as I’m going on a trip for a few days.

1 Like

Hi Claire, there is no need for you to randomize the answers as we can do that ourselves. However, you use ‘all of the above’ as the correct answer option there is nothing for us to randomize because the phrase ‘all of the above’ forces us to place the answer option that reads ‘all of the above’ at the fourth position because ‘above’ means that the other three answer options need be placed above ‘all of the above’.

Please let me know if this makes sense.

2 Likes

Yep, absolutely. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

So, enjoy your trip to the Googleplex in Mountain View or wherever you are headed :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Torsten and everyone, hope all is well. I’ve been very busy during lockdown, ensuring my kids do all their school work and teaching online. I’ve tried to go through this thread to find out what everyone is doing. I’m keen to jump in again, not sure where to start! @Torsten please help. Thanks.

2 Likes

Haha, thanks, @Torsten! I’m actually based in Slovakia, so my trips are more likely to involve wandering through forests to find a lake than sitting in California traffic. (:

I have some proposals for my next batch of articles, and I’d love to hear what you think.

The World’s Tech Waste Lake in Mongolia - https://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-tech-waste-lake-in-mongolia-2015-5

Why a small town in Washington is printing its own currency during the pandemic

What Happens to Your Body When You’re Burnt Out

Plastic Rain Is the New Acid Rain

How to Declutter Your Mind

2 Likes

Hi Claire, thanks a lot for sharing your ideas regarding the next batch. Do you have an updated article on Tech Waste in China? The one you shared is more than 5 years old which is a long time nowadays.

And I think you mean Inner Mongolia, right?

This one would an interesting article if our site had several thousand times more traffic. By the time your article will see any significant amount of traffic the story might already be out of date so let’s try to find something that most likely will still be relevant in two or three years from now.

The other three topics are good. Let me know if this makes sense.

PS: It’s interesting to hear that you are located so close to @Sumejja :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, @Torsten. Yes, that definitely makes sense. Good catch on the date of the article about tech waste in China. (And yes, I meant Inner Mongolia.) I found a more recent article about the US trying to reduce its dependence on China for rare earth minerals. Do you think it would work?

And for the last one, what about one of these?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90514503/5-habits-of-people-who-are-especially-productive-working-from-home

2 Likes

Hi Claire, yes these three articles are very good so let’s use them. :+1:

2 Likes

I completely forgot to post here - I’ve sent my topics to @Sean-C a couple of days ago, but I’ve been swamped with other things in the meantime. I hope you got them! There’s no rush though, just updating from my side.

1 Like

Hey @Sumejja, all done! @Claire I’ll send mine to you tomorrow / Wednesday. Cheers all!

3 Likes

Hi @Sumejja, sorry I haven’t sent you my texts yet. I fell a bit behind. I’ll send them to you sometime this weekend, and then there’s no rush on the questions.
Cheers!

2 Likes