Compound vs. complex

hello.can anyone help me to check those questions for me?

Based on the 20 sentences given, classify them into simple, compound and complex sentences.

1. Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. -Simple
  2. “To kill two birds with one stone” is a proverb. -simple
  3. Someone apparently has taken my watch from this desk. -Simple
  4. Pauline gave Ricky a mobile phone for his twenty-first birthday. -Compound
  5. She jogs every evening, yet she grows fatter. -Compound
  6. You must start using materials that are not included in the course book. -Simple
  7. My sister is normally a cheerful person, but she seemed rather unhappy that day. -Compound
  8. The lady whose husband is an engineer, talks loudly. -Complex
  9. She decided to resign from her present job because she wanted to be with her family. -Compound
  10. The police arrested the men who had robbed the bank two months ago. -Complex
  11. Maggie frequently calls as she wants to keep in touch. -Complex
  12. The storm just knocked down that hut in two minutes. -Complex
  13. In 1818, Mary Shelley wrote a famous book called “Frankenstein” -simple
  14. Ghazali felt happy for his aunt when he read her letter. -complex
  15. Ramasamy, the current world champion, is training in a secret location. -Complex
  16. I went to town yesterday and had a look around the shops. -Compound
  17. Jamilah hid the hen, and Budiman tried unsuccessfully to hide the cow. -Compound
  18. The naughty boys played football in the rain so they are now down with flu. -Compound
  19. You can take the train or the bus to the library. -Compound
  20. Monarch butterflies, which migrate to Mexico each year, are guided by instinct. -Complex

Hi,
I was able to find out something in order to help you. I’m not a native speaker, but I think we could hunt down your question together. May be somebody help us later.
According to the Webster’s grammar guide:
A simple sentence consists of one and only one independent clause ( a group of words that has a subject and a predicate). And an independent clause does not depend upon anything else for its meaning. It expresses a complete thought. But some sentence have compound subject or predicate).
For example:
John joined the Navy. (simple subject and predicate).
John and Fred joined the Marines. (compound subject).
Mary sang and played at the concert. (compound predicate).
Mary and Jane sang and played at the concert. (compound subject and predicate).
Yet a compound subject does not mean two subjects. It means the one subject is made up of two or more nouns or pronous. And compoud predicate is made up of two preditaces.

A compound sentence is a sentence that contains two or more independent clauses. When you put two independent clauses or two simple sentences together to form longer sentence, you have a compound sentence.
The independent clauses of a compound sentence may be connected in one of three ways:
By using a conjunction, a semicolon without conjunction, a transitional word( yet, at last, still, in fact etc.)

A complex sentence is a sentence that consists of one independent clause and one or more subordinate clauses. A subordinate clause depends upon the independent clause for its meaning.
In the complex sentence is often used a subordinate conjunction. It is used to show that the clause which it introduces is a subordinate clause, and not a main clause. (We listened to the radio because we wanted to hear the news.)

So let see

1. Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. –Simple
  2. “To kill two birds with one stone” is a proverb. –simple ?
  3. Someone apparently has taken my watch from this desk. -Simple
  4. Pauline gave Ricky a mobile phone for his twenty-first birthday. –Compound or Complex ?
  5. She jogs every evening, yet( transitional word) she grows fatter. –Compound
  6. You must start using materials that are not included in the course book ( subordinate clause). Complex
  7. My sister is normally a cheerful person, but (coordinate conjunction) she seemed rather unhappy that day. -Compound
  8. The lady whose husband is an engineer, talks loudly. –Complex (subordinate clause).
  9. She decided to resign from her present job because (subordinate conjunction)she wanted to be with her family. –Complex
  10. The police arrested the men who had robbed the bank two months ago. (subordinate clause) -Complex
  11. Maggie frequently calls as(subordinate conjunction) she wants to keep in touch. –Complex
  12. The storm just knocked down that hut in two minutes. -??? simple
  13. In 1818, Mary Shelley wrote a famous book (that)called “Frankenstein” –simple or complex ?
  14. Ghazali felt happy for his aunt when ( relative adverb) he read her letter. -complex
  15. Ramasamy, the current world champion, is training in a secret location. -Complex
  16. I went to town yesterday and had a look around the shops. -Compound ? Simple ( one subject and a compound predicate in a simple sentence.)
  17. Jamilah hid the hen, and Budiman tried unsuccessfully to hide the cow. -Compound
  18. The naughty boys played football in the rain so ( they are now down with flu. -Compound ? Complex.
  19. You can take the train or the bus to the library. –Compound ? Simple (one subject and compound predicate)
  20. Monarch butterflies, which migrate to Mexico each year (subordinate clause), are guided by instinct. –Complex

What do you think about it?

Does someone have any ideas about this puzzle?