Completing writing projects are more beneficial for students than taking multiple-choice exams

Nowadays, we have multiple choices for many things, and people want to cope with many things at the same time. Some people might say that doing many things can gain more experience than doing one thing. However, I personally believe that completing one writing project is much more beneficial than taking several exams. I feel this way for two main reasons, which I will explain in the following essay.

To begin with, completing just one writing project requires a huge amount of time and mentality. Therefore, students always dislike this type of assignment, and the teacher can evaluate it easily because they can see the studentā€™s effort and it is fair for everyone. On top of that, researching and stating oneā€™s own opinion is one of the most important elements to improving a studentā€™s critical thinking ability. For instance, when I was a high school student, I had to research for a project assignment, and I studied from many dates, which you usually donā€™t see. Actually, I was excited because this opportunity gave me the opportunity to know the importance of studying with my eagerness to learn something. As a result, I was able to get a high score and learn many specific skills from this writing assignment.

Secondly, coping with many subjects at the same time is sometimes beyond oneā€™s capacity. Students could not complete their studies when they were young because there were too many things to learn and they had to study for every subject in order to graduate from their schools.So, research is always done at universities to enhance professional skills. But writing one subject is more beneficial than studying many subjects when people are students. In other words, quality or quantity, many people would prefer quality. One cannot deny that if they did only one writing project, it would cause educational disturbance, but one or two writing projects are necessary in schools, I gauge. From this perspective, the quality of one project is much more beneficial than quantity.

In conclusion, dealing with just one subject can extract a studentā€™s motivation for their project, and they can complete it to their certain capacity. These are the two reasons why I believe students should complete one writing subject rather than study for multiple examinations.

2 Likes

Nowadays, we have multiple options for many things, and people want to do many things at once. Some may say that you can gain more experience by doing many things than one. However, I personally believe that completing a single written paper is much more beneficial than multiple exams. There are two main reasons for this, which I will explain in the following essay.

First of all, completing a single written paper requires an enormous amount of time and mental effort. Therefore, this kind of assignment is always disliked by students, and the teacher can easily grade it because he can see the studentā€™s effort and it is fair for everyone. Moreover, researching and justifying oneā€™s own opinion is one of the most important elements to improve a studentā€™s critical thinking ability. For example, when I was in high school, I had to do research for a project paper, and I studied a lot of data that you donā€™t normally see. I was excited because on that occasion, I learned the importance of learning with my eagerness to learn. As a result, I was able to achieve a high score and learn many specific skills from this written assignment.

Secondly, mastering many subjects at the same time sometimes exceeds oneā€™s ability. As young people, they could not finish their studies because there were too many things to learn and they had to study for each subject to graduate from school, and so universities are always researching to improve professional skills. But writing one subject is more beneficial than studying many subjects when you are a student. In other words, quality or quantity - many people prefer quality. There is no denying that a single writing project would disrupt teaching, but one or two writing projects are necessary in schools, in my opinion. From this point of view, the quality of a project is much more beneficial than the quantity.

In conclusion, dealing with only one topic can help motivate a student to do his or her project and complete it to some degree. These are the two reasons why I believe students should work on a single written subject rather than studying for multiple exams.

2 Likes

Torsten, I think the title lacks subject-verb concord, doesnā€™t it?

1 Like

I think the word ā€˜completingā€™ throws it off. It might be better to remove the word.

Completing writing projects is more beneficial
Is feels better to me, but itā€™s still awkward.

Remove ā€˜completingā€™.
Writing projects are more beneficial
This seems much better to me. The word ā€˜completingā€™ is not needed.

2 Likes

Is ā€˜areā€™ appropriate here? I doubt.

2 Likes

To me itā€™s clearly plural.
Projects vs exams.
Would you say ā€œExams isā€?

2 Likes

I took Writing projects as To write projects.
To me, otherwise, it should be Written projects though it may not be suitable here.

2 Likes

You read it completely different than I did.

ā€˜Written projectsā€™ might be a better way to word it. But I donā€™t think ā€˜writing projectsā€™ is wrong.

I read the whole thing as ā€˜completing projectsā€™, with ā€˜writingā€™ being a modifier specifying what type of projects.

2 Likes

In my opinion, ā€˜reading booksā€™ is different from ā€˜running horsesā€™ because in the former we find a transitive verb functioning as a participial verb whereas in the latter we find an intransitive verb functioning as a participial adjective.
So, we may say that reading books is a pleasurable pastime while running horses offer a spectacular sight.

2 Likes