Compare yourself today and yourself five years ago. In what ways are you the same?

Compare yourself today and yourself five years ago.In what ways are you the same or different?Use specific examples to support your response.

During the years people change a lot. Five years is enough time to compare yourself now and then. I think that I have changed a lot for five years.

Firstly there is a change in my thinking. Five years ago my thought was absolutely childlike. I believed that the world is a place without problems. I thought that I will always have time for games and friends and that will last for ever. Also I was absolutely sure that if I have any problems my parent will always be around me for help. However I still believe that the world is a great place for living but some times there are different problems that you have to cope with. And at times you have to deal with these difficulties alone without any help. And that is one of the changes that occurred in the last five years. Now I have to cope alone and this makes me more responsible and serious than five years ago.

Secondly there is change in my interests. Now I more concentrated on my future and education. I spend less time with friends and I am preparing for several exams. Five years ago it wasn’t so. I used to believe that there is nothing more important than playing football or watching cartoon movies during the whole day.
Despite the changes in my behavior and interests there are several similarities between now and then. For instance I still believe that time spent with good friends is not a wasted time. And I am still sure that childhood is the best time in our life.
In conclusion I think that time is unstoppable and wether we like it or not it changes ourselves.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their dormitory during registration week

1 Like

A very good essay TB. You would certainly benefit from reading more English publications.

Kitos. 9/10

1 Like

Over the years, people change a lot. Five years is enough time to compare every now and then. I think I have changed a lot in those five years.

First of all, my thinking has changed. Five years ago, my thinking was absolutely childlike. I believed that the world was a place without problems. I thought that I would always have time for games and friends and that it would stay that way forever. Also, I was absolutely sure that my parents would always be there for me if I had any problems. However, I still believe that the world is a great place to live, but sometimes there are different problems that you have to deal with. And sometimes you have to deal with those difficulties on your own, without any help. And that is one of the changes that have occurred in the last five years. Now I have to cope alone, and that makes me more responsible and serious than five years ago.

Secondly, my interests have changed. Now I focus more on my future and my education. I spend less time with friends and prepare for several exams. Five years ago, it was not like that. At that time, I believed that there was nothing more important than playing soccer or watching cartoons all day long.
Despite the changes in my behavior and interests, there are some similarities between then and now. For example, I still believe that time spent with good friends is not wasted time. And I still believe that childhood is the best time of our lives.
In conclusion, I think that time is unstoppable and changes us whether we like it or not.