Comma After 'That'?

Are the commas correctly placed after ‘that’ in the following sentences? If you remove the phrase set off by commas, the sentence still flows logically and makes sense, although this information may be essential to the sentences’ meaning. Do you agree with the commas after ‘that’? I say ‘yes’.

Maryanne said that, in 1969, she and her husband were married in Lancashire, England.

Gertrude said that, despite the circumstances involved, she and her husband were still going to get a divorce.

Please be advised that, on this date, the plant was evacuated because of a bomb threat.

Please be advised that, on Thursday, 4 May 2013 at 3 pm, there will be a budget meeting at Town Hall.

Thank you.

A comma after the conjunction (relative pronoun) ‘that’ is okay, but it is not proper to put it before ‘that’.

Please be advised that, on Thursday, 4 May 2013 at 3 pm, there will be a budget meeting at Town Hall.

Please be advised that there will be a budget meeting at the Town Hall at 3 pm on Thursday, May 4, 2013 would, in my opinion, be more acceptable.

I’m happy with the originals, though agree that some of them are unnecessary and prefer THL’s suggestion.

Thank you, Bev.