Combine language learning activities with Yoga

Hi everyone, I’m Vitaly and recently I had a coaching session with Torsten. We talked about different techniques of learning English and how to combine language learning activities with other activities such as a sport. In my case it’s Yoga because in addition to learning English Yoga is my second passion for more than 20 years. If anyone of you is interested in how I have learned English and why it helped me to start teaching Yoga you can meet me in our next online English session. Or may be you are interested in learning Yoga as well, so we can practice Yoga in English. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Pollere!
Nice to meet you. I am fond of yoga and I do yoga 2 times a week. It’s my passion. I would like to learn more about yoga with you.
Regards
Ani

2 Likes

Hi Ani, nice to meet you too! Thank you for your response. You can call me Vitaly) We will find time to hold a meeting next week, then we can improve our English through discussion of topics on Yoga online. What do you think? At what time during the day do you practice Yoga?
Have a great one.

Regards,
Vitaly

2 Likes

@Pollere Hi Vitaly, great to see you here. I’m Andrea and I live in South Africa. Where are you from? I don’t do yoga but I do some other exercises. It’s great to learn vocabulary related to topics that we enjoy and then speak about them. Take care, Andrea

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Combine language learning activities with Yoga:

Hi there Vitaly! I’ m from Bulgaria.Your suggestion sounds great. Although I am an English teacher, I adore yoga. Unfortunately, I lack much free time
Some years ago I started ptactising yoga for beginners and followed some exs on a TV programme as I had pains in the back and it seemed almost nothing helped. When I started yoga exs/ which of them did not hurt/, everything changed. That habit been the only method that helped to overcome those pains
Of course, I still have them but when I get too tired or I had twisted.my body or back though I know I should always be down instead. However, , I won’t start learning English but I could combine yoga with preparing for my lessons

Thanks a lot.
I am looking forward to your response.
Best wishes
Krisi

2 Likes

Hi Andrea,
Thank you. Nice to meet you! I live in the southern part of Russia, next to the Azov sea. It is very nice that you do regular exercises, and I hope that you will like practicing Yoga too. Besides, it is going to be a beginner’s level, so everyone can join. And we can discuss different aspect of yoga to learn and practice simultaneously.
Take care too,
Vitaly

2 Likes

Hi Kristi,
Nice to meet you! It is great to here that you are an English teacher, and although you don’t need to learn English you could benefit by practicing yoga, and contribute to our further discussions. To tell you the truth, many people start practicing yoga because of the health issues; and to our joy Yoga helps everyone, be it at a physical, energetic, or spiritual level. As we will start Yoga for the beginners you definitely can adopt many different postures to alleviate back pain. Regular practice makes things perfect.
Warm regards,
Vitaly

PS Being a learner of English I can make some mistakes in English Grammar. You are welcome to point out any mistake that I make now or later. Thus I might learn.

1 Like