Choosing a roommate

Living in a dormitory is very interesting, but choosing an appropriate roommate is not an easy task. Depending on personal experience, and different lifestyles, some people hold the idea that the university should assign a roommate for students. From my point of view, student should choose their roommate by themselves. My arguments for this point are listed as follows.

The first reason for my propensity is that living with a roommate that I have already known before will be more convenient. For example, I used to live with a strange student. This student is very irresponsible because even though we assigned the jobs, she never did her duties such as tidying the living room, cooking dinner, or going to the supermarket. Moreover, whenever I tried to talk to her about all of these problems, she pretended to ignore everything. If I can choose my own roommate, these problems could be solved easily.

The second important reason is that life at the university is likely to be more interesting if I have the chance to choose my roommate who has the same hobbies as me. For instance, I really like playing tennis and going shopping. Therefore, if a roommate also has these interests, we could go together at free time. When people have a person to share their happiness or grief, they will feel less lonely. Indeed, living with the one who resembles me results in the feeling like I am living with my family.

The final reason why I advocate choosing a roommate by myself is that it enables me to improve my grade. The fact is that I am not really a good student; as a result, I need a roommate who can help me study. If I share the room with an outstanding student, I would learn a lot from her. In addition, we could learn together to prepare for the tests. I am sure that my study will be improved a lot thanks to her help. Unquestionably, a roommate always plays a significant part in every student’s life at the university.

In a word, an interesting and convenient life at the university and studying progress are the benefits that choosing my own roommate brings me. If all these factors are considered, we can come to the conclusion that it is more sagacious to choose my own roommate.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is Carlos Finlay significant?

Living in a dormitory is very interesting, but choosing an appropriate roommate is not an easy task. Depending on personal experience, and different lifestyles, some people hold the idea that the university should assign a roommate for students. From my point of view, student should choose their roommate by themselves. My arguments for this point are listed as follows.

The first reason for my propensity is that living with a roommate that I have already known before will be more convenient. For example, I used to live with a strange student. This student WAS very irresponsible because even though we WERE assigned the jobs, she never did her duties(,) such as tidying the living room, cooking dinner, or going to the supermarket. Moreover, whenever I tried to talk to her about all of these problems, she pretended to ignore everything. If I can choose my own roommate, these problems could be solved easily.

The second important reason is that life at the university is likely to be more interesting if I have the chance to choose my roommate who has the same hobbies as mYSELF. For instance, I really like playing tennis and going shopping. Therefore, if a roommate also has these interests, we could go together at free time. When people have a person to share their happiness or grief, they will feel less lonely. Indeed, living with the one who resembles me results in the feeling like I am living with my family.

The final reason why I advocate choosing a roommate by myself is that it enables me to improve my grade. The fact is that I am not really a good student; as a result, I need a roommate who can help me study. If I share the room with an outstanding student, I would learn a lot from her. In addition, we could learn together to prepare for the tests. I am sure that my study will be improved a lot thanks to her help. Unquestionably, a roommate always plays a significant part in every student’s life at the university.

In a word, an interesting and convenient life at the university and studying progress are the benefits that choosing my own roommate bring me. If all these factors are considered, we can come to the conclusion that it is more sagacious to choose my own roommate.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nice work Hai. You impress me.

Kitos. 9/10

thanks Kitos :slight_smile: