Children should begin learning foreign language as soon as possible?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

These days, teaching foreign languages to children is becoming a populer trend in many countries. This increase in learners of foreign languages has led many schools to start teaching different languages to their students. Many schools have started to teach several languages to children in primary as well as pre-primary classes. I agree that children should be taught foreign languages as it will help them in the future. The reasons are as follows;

Firstly, it is a well-known fact that children are fast learner than adults. By similar means, children have the potential to absorb much greater amount of knowledge than that of older students. Nonetheless, Adults are also vibrant in their learning capacity but not as such as children are. For instance, by making the process of learning foreign language exciting for a child it is possible to get much better results.

Secondly, certain languages have higher signicance such as the English language. There is an international demand for English speakers and people who are fimiliar with this language. Furthermore, it is also considered as a global language and that is the reason why people in non-english speaking countries prefer their children to learn this language from a very early age.

On the other hand, there are people who argue that children at such young age should not be bothered with extra burden of learning different languages. It puts them in pressure both mentally and physically. However, learning languages can be aspiring and enjoyable activity if a child is interested in it. It is important to realize what a child wants and then deciding whether to teach him a foreign language or not.

Conversely, I am a firm believer that learning foreign languages no matter at a tender age or as an adult, will benefit tremendously in the future. Needless to say, acquisition of knowledge about several languages can provide people with opportunities and increased confidence to present themselves as better communicators and hence they will be advantaged over them who didn’t try and learn foreign languages.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Anthropology

I think i wrote it in about 35 mins

And you forgot about the ARTICLES along the way. Tut Tut.

=))) the test is on saturday …, whats happening to me :smiley:

Relax, the test will be a breeze for you CG.

I hope so …too