Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There has been a heated debate concerning the necessity of being required to help with household tasks as soon as children are able to do so. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of doing household tasks at the early age. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says that children should enjoy their childhood. In my opinion, I concur with the former for three primary reasons.

First and foremost, doing household tasks as soon as children are able to do helps them become more independent. If the child still lives with their parents, doing chores certainly teaches them to be more responsible and independent. When they are growing up, living away from home, parents can rest assured that their children can control and do everything on their own. Most of the kids who do housework regularly, cook delicious meals by themselves, have a very happy life.

On the second place, doing household tasks helps children increase problem - solving skills. Although housework is not too complicated, if children can find new ways to accomplish it, it has a huge impact on their personality. Staying creative, fast and efficient while doing chores around the house will give children extremely good problem - solving skills in the future.

Finally, household chores helps children get through free time. Instead of boringly lying on a chair not knowing what to do or always staring at the electronic screens that harm the eyes, doing household tasks not only kills free time but also helps children feel the long day is passing quickly. This time can become more productive if the child is multitasking. By way of illustration, children can listen to audiobooks while washing dishes or folding clothes, which is a double job but very good for themselves.

To sum up briefly, I support the statement that children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as children are able to do so. Doing household tasks at the young age helps them become more independent, improve problem – solving skills and also get through their free time. Some may argue that children just need to have fun and do not have to worry about chores. In spite of that I still reinforce the great idea.

3 Likes

Why don’t you consider the point that children would also be able to help their parents in managing household chores?

3 Likes

That’s great!!! Thank you so much.

2 Likes