Charlie Chaplin. Just a message

3 Likes

Yes Marc, Charlie Chaplin’s message is even more true today than it was when he first sent it about a century ago.

Speaking of messages, I’ve just read that today in Luxemburg every citizen has received 5 washable face masks in their mailbox to wear in public transport and other places. Is that true?

3 Likes

Hi Torsten,

Do you mean the Province of Luxembourg or the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg? As you know the Province of Luxembourg is a part of Belgium, but not the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Anyway, I’ll see if I can find an article so that I can answer your question.

2 Likes

Here I am. Found it.
Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, has announced that as of Monday citizens are obliged to wear either a face mask or a shawl/ scarf to cover their mouths. The Luxembourg government will distribute 6 to 7 million face masks among the Luxembourgians and people who work in the Duchy. The article doesn’t mention whether the face masks are washable or not. However, Belgium and Germany strongly recommend wearing face masks, but Holland doesn’t, the article also says.

2 Likes

In addition

In practice this means that face maks must only be worn if and when the two-metre social distance is not respected. Now, you tell me, isn’t this a bit ludicrous? First making something obligatory then sort of compromising?

2 Likes

An immortal speech of Chaplin!

3 Likes